Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 years, until 31 December 2018
The Senior Programme Manager (SPM) will have overall responsibility for the successful management and implementation of Save the Children’s Tat Lan Program. The SPM ensures that the activities that make up the project are implemented in line with agreed plans and budget, that the project and team is effectively managed and that Program Managers and their teams are responsive to changing internal and external factors.
Skills and Experience
* At least 6 years experience in related field.
* Post Graduate Degree in a relevant field (MBA, MD, MPH), or professional qualification such as CPA
* Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Willingness to work in difficult environment and travel according to requirements.
* Strong people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
* Strong understanding of the context to ensure HR management responds to local constraints and culture.
* At least 3 years of management experience
* Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
* Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This post is advertised at the national and international levels simultaneusly. Should a national candidate be selected, national terms and conditions apply.
Please apply in English using your CV and cover letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.