Title: Senior Program Officer – Technology and Innovations, South Asia
Internal Title – Senior Program Officer
Location: Delhi, India
Division: South Asia Hub
Reports to: Lead – Health Systems – South Asia
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Technology, Innovations, and Systems vertical at PATH is a cross-cutting vertical working on Urban and Rural Primary Health Care, Private Sector Engagement, Climate Change, Supply Chain, Healthcare financing and economics, Devices, Diagnostics, Pandemic preparedness and Surveillance.
About the position
The South Asia Program is seeking a Senior Program Officer – Technology and Innovation to envision and execute strategic organizational priorities, programmatic activities, and government support for Health care technology and innovations.
- Undertake extensive technical research on a continuous basis to identify novel healthcare innovations and technologies globally, which can be leveraged in South Asia.
- Lead the healthcare technology and innovations function to design and support implementation of novel technologies in accordance with current priorities of PATH projects and government programs.
- Lead teams to support state-level demonstration and implementation of technology intensive projects such as the Free Diagnostics, Biomedical equipment, Vaccine technology, digital technology, point-of-care diagnostics and devices, etc.
- Gather and analyze evidence from field review visits from different states/districts to inform projects and policy and advocate appropriate changes
- Undertake progress monitoring through frequent interactions with state teams through structured field visits and use of online platforms.
- Work closely with states to assess requisite modifications in projects and government policy in keeping with new changes in technological upgrades in medical devices
- Enable recommendations to donors, innovators, the government and other stakeholders on emerging technologies, as relevant to the sector.
- Support the identification, assessment and uptake of health technology and innovations as per projects and government policies.
- Undertake/Commission high quality assessment of healthcare technology and innovations as per projects and programs.
- Work with national and state government to enable synergies with NHM.
- Engage with the senior policy makers at Central level as required: for representing PATH in meetings, carrying out advocacy, present evidence to donors and governments, etc
- Undertake other tasks which may be assigned from time to time by the Lead – Health Systems.
- Work closely with other government organizations like NHSRC, MoHFW, and other stakeholders as required.