Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH seeks a Senior Program Officer for a potential Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded project titled “COVID-19 Respiratory Care Global Market Coordination.” Specifically, the Senior Program Officer will support the project in Vietnam with the short-term goal of accelerating access to respiratory care and oxygen therapy for severe and critical COIVD-19 patients, and the long-term goal of ensuring the efficient scale-up of respiratory care and oxygen equipment needed for COVID-19 and other disease areas. Project activities will take place in four primary areas: (1) global respiratory care response coordination, (2) rapid country assessments, (3) supplier landscaping and outreach, and (4) country-specific decision-making support. The first phase of the project will consist of quantifying the respiratory care and oxygen therapy equipment existing in the health system, the potential demand from a COVID-19 related patient surge, and identifying gaps and sources of needed equipment. The second phase aims to improve the long-term sustainability and efficient procurement of respiratory care equipment and oxygen generation equipment within the health system.
A strong candidate will have a robust understanding of health systems, public policy, economics, and be able to collect, analyze and understand data. This project will involve close collaboration with high level government stakeholders, donors, manufacturing companies, and multilateral health organizations such as the WHO. The work is extremely fast paced and requires a dedicated individual with a can-do attitude.
The Senior Program Officer will report to Project Director and work closely with the Market Dynamics team and others at PATH HQ, the Vietnam team, and country collaborators to execute high quality programming. Our partners include but are not limited to the Ministry of Health, national hospitals, provincial partners, private sector, and other related international/national agencies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with team members, local partners to maintain and update the implementation progress, including data collection and activities updates
- Liaise and coordinate with national and provincial stakeholders and partners, including central provincial, and district health partners, and local authorities regarding project planning and implementation activities
- Manage data collection as needed to inform policy decisions for the COVID-19 response. Data will be collected from health facilities and administrative sources. Clean data and produce visualizations, summary statistics, and reports
- Lead primary market research and market landscape projects for other health products (respiratory care equipment and oxygen) to understand the public and private market dynamics for these products Vietnam
- Develop and implement market intervention strategies for Vietnam to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders
- Develop an asset management system alongside government to track new equipment procured for the COVID-19 pandemic. Link this system to an ordering system
- Engage suppliers of medical equipment, negotiate contracts, and understand constraints industry is facing
- Engage donors and financiers including development banks and government stakeholders to develop plans that alleviate constraints of suppliers
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally