PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is seeking a Senior Program Officer to provide strategic technical leadership and oversight of the implementation of the Healthy Heart Africa (HHA) project. The project focuses on detection, management, quality of care and demand creation for care of hypertension. Key activities in this project include awareness raising, screening, capacity building, data collection and dissemination of results.
The Senior Program Officer will report to the PATH Tanzania Country Program Leader with dotted line reporting to the Global Program Director, Non-Communicable Diseases. The individual will work closely with the PATH Global NCD team, the PATH Tanzania team, the funder, Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and district leadership, and other NCD local partners to ensure technical quality of the HHA interventions and implementation. S/he may also serve as a technical adviser for other PATH NCD related programs and projects in the country.
- Ensure a strong two-way link between the national policies, standards and guidelines and actual trainings and community education and screening activities are within the context defined by the Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) national strategy.
- Provide technical guidance to all field activities of the HHA project including project design, implementation, social mobilization and communication and project documentation.
- Facilitate and support training of health workers and community health workers to support project objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the health facilities selected for the project and coordinate activities such as conducting site assessments; activating selected sites; and conducting supportive supervision visits and facility performance improvement plans.
- Provide technical guidance on the development of M&E framework, data collection tool and process to ensure utility of user interface.
- Build and maintain relationships with NCD Partners, Districts, MoH and other related public health programs and ensure regular communication between partners and PATH.
- Develop and coordinate a data collection, storage plan and reporting plan.
- Prepare monthly updates on deliverables, quarterly reporting and timely submission of annual narrative reports and documentation to donor and key stakeholders and partners.
- Provide technical guidance for the development of communication materials on hypertension for public awareness raising and other advocacy materials such as newsletters, fact sheets, policy brief and documentation of success stories.
- Manage awareness-raising campaigns in targeted districts and lead screening efforts through outreach activities at District and community level.
- Provide regular technical feedback on progress of activities and lessons learned to funder and PATH Project Director.
- Represent PATH project at national NCD meetings, conferences, workshops and coordinate with the NCD’s division of MoH, and other local partners for project implementation.
- Represent PATH project at regular donor monthly and quarterly meetings and other donor requested meetings.
- Maintain updated technical knowledge in hypertension prevention and related public health topics, in order to provide technical assistance to project partners.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Project Director/ Project Manager.