PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Officer.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
About the project:
The World Health Organization (WHO) TB statistics for India for 2018 give an estimated incidence figure of 2.69 million cases. The Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) is working toward eliminating TB by 2025. Maharashtra is among the high burden states. In 2018, the state notified more than 200,000 cases.
PATH aims to provide Technical Assistance to key states- Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh by working closely with the respective State Tuberculosis Office and the RNTCP machinery. The TA is primarily directed towards systems strengthening, improving capacity to engage and contract the private sector and to develop robust Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism. Under this TA engagement, PATH seeks to recruit and place a Sr. PO M & E Officer- who will be supporting the State TB Office in Pune Maharashtra to manage the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP). The Sr.PO will primarily focus on reviewing NIKSHAY, generating dashboards, presenting analysis for key indicators and providing technical support for strengthening data management. S/he is expected to work and coordinate closely with the WHO network and seek their inputs for program strengthening.
This position is housed within the State TB Office in Pune Maharashtra and involves travel to district and national level 40% of the time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Monitoring and Evaluation activities on behalf of RNTCP ( for both public and private sector) including the design, development and roll-out of a plan in the field
- Compile and collate RNTCP data from Nikshay and track progress in districts and at state level
- Promote effective use of Nikshay data for decision making and policy decisions
- Develop dashboards to showcase performance on key indicators
- Design and monitor data quality in Nikshay
- Monitor the performance of Patient Provider Support Agencies ( PPSAs) as per identified indicators
- Triangulate PPSA performance with field reviews and meeting to identify bottlenecks and areas where additional state support and interventions are required.
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Ensure that Nikshay project reports are up-to date by regular supervision of data collecting , reporting and analysis
- Facilitate capacity building of RNTCP staff and private sector partners on optimal utilization of Nikshay
- Support in documentation of various innovative measures taken by the government for disease elimination;
- Provide inputs for developing innovative projects that will be proposed in the Program Implementation Plan ( PIP)
- Collaborate with other relevant agencies , funding partners , local and international organizations in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct research , stakeholder analysis , interviews and feedback sessions with program beneficiaries
- Deliver any other need based tasks as requested by the government, program and M&E team