PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is implementing the project to ‘Institutionalize Sustainable Private Sector Engagement Models in India’ in priority states of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
About the project
India has committed to End TB by 2025. The National Strategic Plan for TB Elimination 2017-25 recognizes private sector engagement as an important pillar in TB elimination efforts. Towards this objective PATH provides Technical Assistance (TA) to key states – Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, by working closely with the respective State and Districts Tuberculosis Office(s) and the WHO-RNTCP network. The TA is primarily directed towards improving government capacity to engage and contract with the (for-profit and not-for-profit) private sector, ensuring program benefits such as Treatment Adherence support, Fixed Drug Combinations and DBT under Nikshay Poshna Yojana reach to private sector patients.
The project is looking for a Senior Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation based at the State TB Office at Lucknow.
The position requires to undertake one week per month in field to provide technical review support to Program Officers and feedback to the State team on implementation progress.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Program Officers and ensure seamless coordination with State TB Officer, UP-TSU, State PPP Cell and WHO-RNTCP consultant(s) in day-to-day operations
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation activities on behalf of RNTCP (for both public and private sector) for State
- Develop M&E indicators for inclusion in RFP and support in selection of competent private partners (for-profit and not-for-profit) for contracting of services under RNTCP
- Develop M&E framework for performance-linked-payments for contracted providers and support state in review of performance of contracted services
- Support State TB Office in analysis of DBT payments and help in mitigating challenges in implementation of Nikshay Poshan Yojana
- Lead M&E capacity building efforts of contracted providers/ RNTCP staff and monitor their progress against the set targets
- Strengthen feedback on implementation through regular review meetings with field team and support in State RNTCP reviews
- Drive uptake of Nikshay and ensure robustness and timeliness of Nikshay data
- Develop dashboards to showcase performance of public and private partners on key indicators (e.g. Treatment adherence, access to FDCs in private sector)
- Support in documentation of various innovative measures taken by the government for TB elimination
- Provide M&E support to State TB Office in the National Health Mission Program Implementation Plan (PIP)
- Support any other need-based tasks as requested by the government, program and M&E team