PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Officer, Health Systems Strengthening.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, Innovation Labs, and more.
- Provide Technical support in organizing needs assessment in NTEP services under NHM and plan advocacy for priority areas to take up in Program Implementation Plan (PIP)
- Provide administrative support to NTEP throughout the PIP process and work closely with proposed TSU and NHM teams at State and National levels.
- Support states in developing PIP proposals in focused areas like Private Sector Engagement, Aspirational Districts, Urban Areas, Tribal areas, etc.
- Assist State National Health Mission in executing approved projects under State PIP and strengthen contracting, outsourcing, and capacity building of existing health structures, etc. in respective states.
- Integrate TB services in emerging areas under National Health Mission or other Health Schemes like Health & Wellness Centre, Non-Communicable Disease, Free diagnostic initiative, free drug initiatives, etc.
- Integrate existing Health System measures to enhance the quality of TB care Eg: Indian Public Health Standards, Mera Aspatal, etc.
- Incorporate TB services in existing or upcoming private sector engagement efforts like PMJAY, Clinical Establishment Act, NABL, NABH, CGHS / ECHS empanelment, Drugs & Cosmetic Act.
- Assist in establishing models for free drug delivery to TB patients in the private sector.
- Support convergence of other chronic diseases along with TB in private sector engagement.
- Support NTEP to design modalities of potential strategic contracting mechanism on both -demand and supply side for the respective state.
- Conduct assessment of implementation agencies to gauge their capability to participate in the strategic contracting process.
- Prepare regular monitoring and evaluation reports and update the center and state program officials regarding resources allocated and disbursed to implementing agency.
- Identify the training needs of the state and implementing agency and address them in a systematic manner.