Senior Program Officer – Health Financing
LINKAGES is a USAID-funded project managed by FHI 360 aimed at accelerating the Thai HIV/AIDS response to recruit, reach, test, treat and retain populations in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services. The project focuses primarily on MSM and transgender (TG) women but is slated to expand to serve female sex workers (FSW) and people who inject drugs (PWID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Senior Program Officer – Health Financing, will provide leadership in the development of costings and financing for interventions serving key populations in Thailand and will work collaboratively with Thai government entities related to mechanisms, procedures, and costs to manage and implement interventions with key populations. The SPO will engage with LINKAGES partners to regularly monitor the costs of services, including those related to “reach, test, treat, and retain” and to analyze and interpret these costs for LINKAGES leadership and USAID/PEPFAR.
- Develop costing models that accurately reflect the costs of community-based services to reach, test, treat, and retain clients in the HIV cascade of services.
- Work with local partners supported by LINKAGES, the Global Fund, and other potential donors to collaboratively and regularly obtain and monitor the costs of their specific services.
- Analyze and interpret the costs of HIV cascade services for various audiences, including LINKAGES staff, USAID, and Thai Government entities.
- Serve as the LINKAGES liason to Thai government partners on social contracting, including developing procedures, mechanisms, and costing analyses for managing and implementing interventions focusing on key populations.
- Contribute to regular quarterly and annual reporting.
- Work with Program Officers to document project results and impacts in various forms, including academic articles, media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Represent LINKAGES Thailand as needed at local, national and global fora (meetings, workshops and consultations, conferences etc.) where expertise on HIV costing is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establishes good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community partners, donors, governments, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization and the project.
- Interacts with national government, non-government organizations and international donor agencies to ensure the development of quality HIV/AIDS intervention and research programs, particularly their costs.
- Represents FHI 360 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Communicates with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and identifies changes required to ensure high quality programming.
- Liaises with in-country GFATM/WHO/UNAIDS/ UNICEF/ UNDP and other relevant agencies to share information and to stimulate joint design and implementation of country level interventions.
- Provides regular mentorship and capacity building to program staff, implementing agencies, government agencies, other organizations with particular emphasis on the costing and financing of prevention, care and treatment programming for key populations.
- Program planning and administration: ensures that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the program.
- Collaborates with other FHI 360 staff to develop costing models that complement FHI’s regional and global strategies.
- Markets FHI 360 capabilities and prepare proposals for funding. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops reports, presentations, publications and other materials to a high technical standard.
- Provides input into the development and maintenance of the LINKAGES Thailand program management systems and tools.
- Contributes to the annual work planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensures application of FHI 360 policies and procedures to LINKAGES Thailand activities.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field and resolve problem situations with tact.
- Represent, as assigned, selected LINKAGES Thailand activities and other organizations including donors, and international and local partners.
- Interact with implementing partners, and FHI 360 colleagues working on LINAKGES Thailand.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- High expertise in costing models for health interventions
- High degree of familiarity with financing mechanisms, including social contracting by government to community-based organizations.
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision, and ability to manage high volume work flow.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues in assigned areas, e.g. reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, harm reduction, reproductive health, family planning, public health, international development, and/or social science research.
- Financial management, research, report writing and/or analyses.
- Written and verbal communication skills, and editing skills.
- Relevant language skills preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions; ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in public health or related field, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience with international development programs and field experience especially in the field of the costing of health interventions, preferably HIV/AIDS.
- Familiarity with or high willingness to learn social contracting mechanisms and models where governments contract with community-based organizations for services.
NOTE: Applicant must be eligible to work in Thailand. No expatriate benefits or allowances provided.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates, please register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.