Background/IRC Summary: The IRC is one of the leading providers of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. The mission of the IRC’s US Programs (USP) Department is to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America. The IRC’s USP Department currently provides services in 28 U.S. cities and through the IRC’s Resettlement Support Center (RSC) in East Asia. The USP portfolio has grown to encompass a spectrum of support with numerous local partners, hundreds of corporate, foundation, and government donors, and thousands of individual givers. The distinctive components and programmatic endeavors of USP are represented and guided through the USP Roadmap 2015-2020 which contains five key outcome areas: Health, Safety, Education, Economic Wellbeing and Power. The IRC is committed to developing innovative, context-specific programs in response to strategic funding opportunities with a range of local, state and US Federal Government agencies, as well as private foundations and corporations. The IRC US Programs department resettles approximately 10,000 refugees annually and has over 900 staff and 3,500 volunteers.
Job Overview/Summary: The Senior Program Officer, Grants Management works closely within the US Programs HQ and field office network to provide quality control and coordination of post-award grant management functions. The position reports to the Senior Director of Resource Acquisition & Management and requires close collaboration with AMU, IT and grants and finance staff.
- Lead oversight and quality control functions for the US Programs public (federal, state, local) post-award grant portfolio.
- Provide oversight and quality control of narrative and financial reporting of select private grants, including multi-site grants, national grants, and grants managed by the RAL and PQI units
- Work with the business development teams to ensure the transition of awards from the pre-award to the post award phases
- Develop and oversee USP master grant reporting calendar and other grant tracking tools
- Oversee timely donor coordination and communication on grant-related budget realignments, no-cost extensions, carryovers, and amendments
- Serve as primary post-award liaison between the Awards Management Unit and USP HQ and field teams
- Serve as USP focal point for IT and business process systems relating to grants management
- Develop reporting and other grants management templates as needed
- Develop grant monitoring systems and oversee desk and field monitoring for programmatic and financial compliance across the USP network
- Oversee sub-grant coordination and management functions for the USP network
- Develop grants management training materials and conduct trainings for USP field and HQ staff
- Work with HQ regional and finance teams on the tracking of grant spending
- Serve as resource for HQ and field teams on donor regulations regarding grants management
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive business development experience
- Prior grants management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and reviewing programmatic budgets
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in order to move proposals and projects forward
- Ability to work flexibly and to solve problems with appropriate input from relevant stakeholders
- Positive, forward looking and able to work well in a team oriented environment
Working Environment: Standard office work environment