Title: Senior Program Officer – Continuous Program Quality
Internal Title – IN SR PRG OFFICER
Location: Mumbai, India
Division: India Country Program
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Our 1,500+ strong team includes scientists, health experts, business leaders, engineers, advocates, and experts from dozens of other specialties. We work in more than 70 countries to transform bold ideas into sustainable solutions that improve health and wellbeing for all, reaching over 150 million people, on average, each year.
Since 1978, PATH has been working with public and private partners in India to develop local solutions, support homegrown innovation, and share our technical expertise. PATH develops, introduces, and scales up cutting-edge technologies and methodologies to tackle existing diseases and emerging health concerns. A few of our many successes in India include finding new methods to deliver nutritious food to schoolchildren, creating and implementing successful public-private partnership models to combat diseases, and expanding access to lifesaving vaccines for new mothers and their infants.
For more: http://www.path.org/india
Objectives of the Assignment
To address the high burden of HIV among high-risk groups, including key populations (KP), through people-centered service delivery, and building on existing efforts of HIV Prevention and Treatment. Senior Program Officer – Continuous Program Quality Improvement will be responsible to enhance the process, in collaboration with the technical team and the state teams in the northeast and Mumbai for performance improvement.
Scope of Work
SPO – Continuous Program Quality Improvement will support the HIV Prevention and Treatment vertical to achieve project objectives and targets by focusing on (but not limited to) achievement of the following results:
- Analyzing processes and procedures to develop process enhancement strategies.
- Designing pilots to showcase person-centered programmatic activities for HIV treatment and prevention.
- Effectively align program processes and identify process gaps to achieve program objectives.
- Use a range of quality improvement tools and techniques to evaluate and successfully redesign processes toward improved performance.
Data management and analysis
- Demonstrates expertise in data management and the use of analytical and statistical tools to identify trends in current processes and systems.
- Responsible for developing methods for data collection and extracts data as required.
- Transforms data into actionable information and communicates performance improvement priorities and results using narrative and the appropriate methods of data visualization.
- Document intervention details results for cross-learning and showcase project results in scientific forums and beyond.
- Training, mentoring, and guiding team members in new processes.