Starting Date: 11/22/2019
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Program Manager will maintain excellent working relationships with the projectâ€™s key stakeholders including development partners, civil society, professional organizations, South African Department of Health officials, PEPFAR district support partners, as well as program managers. The role will be reporting to the JSI South Africa Country Director.
- Serve as team leader charged with the development and execution of overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results.
- Work with the designated deputies to direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities meet a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfilling donor and JSIâ€™s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities for the project.
- Ensure the timely and complete submission of all performance reports and respond to donor requests for performance, success stories, and financial information for the project.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all JSI, donor-related and program-specific policies.
2. Finance & Accounting
- Provide oversight for the projectâ€™s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with JSI policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cashflow requests to JSIâ€™s Head Office.
- Oversee project budget development and regular analysis of project expenditure, sub-awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with the donor.
- Oversee and ensure timely submission of High Frequency reporting data as required
- Review and monitor program budgets vs. actual expenditures including Life of Project (LOP) and Field office Financial Reports and Monthly Expense Reports.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project staff.
- Actively work on team-building to maintain moral and ensure productivity.
- Oversee execution of the JSIâ€™s personnel policies and ensure that policies and procedures are clearly communicated to staff.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with national/provincial government entities and implementing partners organizations to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Liaise with JSIâ€™s senior advisor, HIV and Infectious Diseases Center and Operations staff to monitor donor regulations and policy changes affecting the program;
- Coordinate with implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
- Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders in South Africa, and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate technical steering and advisory groups.
- A medical degree or a masterâ€™s degree or higher in public health, social sciences or related field is an essential requirement;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV in direct service delivery, systems strengthening and/or health financing is an essential requirement;
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience as a senior leader/senior manager of international donor-funded, HIV and health programs is preferred and will be an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in HIV clinical care in South Africa required; specific experience in HIV case finding and retention preferred;
- Demonstrable leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, South African institutions and international organizations will be an advantage;
- Demonstrable experience leading PEPFAR supported programs will be an advantage;
- Documented experience in providing the level of technical assistance that is required to complete the work detailed in the statement of work and envisaged key performance area will be an essential requirement;
- Strong computer skills are necessary, as are excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills are required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 11/22/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.