ICF’s Disaster Management Division seeks a Senior Program Manager who will lead the implementation team for a large FEMA- and HUD-funded recovery in the U.S. gulf coast. The successful candidate will be charged with the execution of programs, anticipating and meeting client’s needs and strategically positioning the company’s resources and expertise to grow the business. Though initially a remote opportunity until the pandemic recedes, The Program Manager will eventually work on client site with ICF senior and junior staff and subcontractors to deliver program management support to local governments, nonprofit and subrecipients across a state sized region.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Disaster Program Manager with a track record of superior execution and growth and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster grant resource allocation, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join a growing, stable, and high-performing team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
• Lead the development, coordination, and operation of various large, complex FEMA Public Assistance and/or CDBG-DR funded programs
• Serve as the direct interface with state/local client agencies, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff.
• Lead coordination and control over execution of all program’s activities, schedule, budget and scope.
• Lead all necessary high profile, program-wide public presentations and meetings, subrecipient meetings and government or non-government stakeholders’ meetings
• Lead, coordinate and evaluate performance of all project staff
• Monitor program performance status and establish necessary tools for control over programs results
• Maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, guidelines; and shall possess knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for FEMA Grant Programs, CDBG-DR and other federal and state funding sources.
• Ensure all program participants, including subrecipients, vendors, and stakeholders are aware of any policy changes
• Manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously.
• Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data-driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 15+ years of Program Management experience
• 5+ years of FEMA program experience, including budget, planning and people management
• 5+ year experience managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products
• Willingness to travel throughout the United States
Preferred Skills/Experience:• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Demonstrated success in program execution, client relationships, and profitability
• Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results
• Experience with state and local governments, and the types of initiatives necessary to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters
• Demonstrated ability to internally monitor all program and project activities to ensure quality control and quality assurance and be prepared for Federal audits of program activities
• Familiarity with emergency planning, mitigation planning and using grants management systems• Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions
Professional Skills:• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
• Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)