We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Program Associate, SEAD
Department/Location: Social, Economic, and Agricultural Development (SEAD) Practice, in Vienna VA
Reports To: Practice Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a US-based international development consulting company, is seeking a Senior Program Associate, SEAD Practice to work in our Vienna, VA home office. This full-time position starts immediately for a skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role. The Senior Program Associate will coordinate financial, administrative, operational, logistics for the NAWIRI Project as well as assist with GIS visualization. They will also support business development efforts. The Senior Program Associate assumes primary responsibility for the following tasks and activities.
Project/ Task Order (TO) Management
- Serve as the point of contact for designated projects or Task Orders (TOs) and liaising with other IBTCI offices to respond to administrative and logistical Task Order requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the project/TO issues, including current information on the operational environment and potential risks.
- Coordinate and track project activities and personnel through planning, implementation and reporting phases, under the supervision of the Project Director or Chief of Party.
- Maintain regular communication, through frequent phone calls with project employees, consultants and/or country field offices to ensure that IBTCI staff and consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments facilitating smooth work implementation.
- Participate in project award startup processes, including mobilizing IBTCI employees and consultants securing appropriate work permits and visas as needed.
- Assist in the training/orientation of project/TO staff and consultants on IBTCI operations, procedures and tools.
- Assist with the paperwork to secure USAID approval on IBTCI employees and/or consultant travel.
- Coordinate preparation to TO-related employment and other agreements.
- Assist in the tracking of expenditures and carefully monitoring overall award level budget.
- In collaboration with Accounting, coordinate internal project/TO financial reporting and systems.
- Provide information to IBTCI management for external reporting to USAID or client:
- Review monthly costs (from subcontractors, field office reports, expatriate and local consultants’ timesheets, TERs, invoices, etc.).
- Assist in the development of cost projections.
- Organize project budgets and work on their realignment when necessary.
- Track local legal and logistical providers’ contracts and services as necessary.
- Collaborate with TO/project staff employees and consultants in the development of reports, work plans and other contractual obligations and ensure timely submission and quality of content.
- Ensure TO and project-related intellectual capital is properly captured, filed and disseminated.
- Edit/format program reports and other documents as needed.
- Provide document version control, editing, formatting, and review.
- Create maps and graphs using GIS software.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including hospital locations.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Orientation and Capacity Building of the M&E team on ArcGIS.
- Other technical requests as needed by the field office.
- Travel to field sites to provide support as needed.
Specific TO/assignment Tasks:
- Participate in the TO/assignment planning process, which includes refining scopes of work and cost estimates, developing implementation timelines, etc.
- Recruit short- and long-term consultants and employees
- Arrange all logistical support for client technical experts, consultants and teams both in the United States and overseas.
- Coordinate Team Planning Meetings.
- Work with project team members to ensure completion of financial forms and other paperwork.
- Collect and distribute background materials for team members.
- Monitor and track assignment and task order progress.
- Conduct technical inputs, as needed, to include qualitative/ quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, research, writing, graphics, etc.
- Maintain communication with consultants and clients to ensure that consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments and to ensure smooth implementation.
- Implement administrative close-out of project/TO/assignment files.
- Support timely and orderly TO and/or project-related closeout, including ensuring satisfactory completion of the activity and completion of performance evaluation forms from both clients and employees.
- Ensure completion of activity and consultant performance evaluation forms.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts, monitor recruitment applications and follow-up with candidates.
- Search consultant databases to short list consultants and staff; maintain recruitment matrices for specific positions.
- Draft non-technical sections of proposals (e.g. past performance and personnel) and contribute to technical sections of proposals.
- Submit final technical and cost proposals to relevant agencies.
- Create and maintain Proposal Checklists when working on a proposal.
- Oversee research on potential procurements and tender appropriate for the practice.
- Conduct background research on specific proposals which will inform the preparation of a technical approach.
- Identify sub-contractors and assist in preparing teaming agreements.
- Work closely with the Practice management to coordinate and distribute tasks for Program Associates and part-time support staff.
- Provide peer review on tasks implemented by Program Associates and part-time support staff.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, meetings, trainings and USAID-sponsored conferences and other events.
- Respond to other ad hoc requests as directed by the Practice/ Project management.
- Participate in team-wide meetings and initiatives.
- Promote integration and cross fertilization of ideas and information and among TOs and projects.
- Participate in initiatives within IBTCI related to assistant Corporate Operations with developing standards, policies, management tools, training based on project experience.
Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of work experience for Bachelor’s degree holders and three years of experience for Master’s degree holders.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use and presentation software (Microsoft Office) required.
- Well-organized, attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience using the internet for research.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, business administration or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Training in GIS applications.
- Previous field (international) experience a plus.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in a foreign language preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).