International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Program Associate
Department/Location: Global Health
Reports To: Practice Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Senior Program Associate will coordinate administrative, operational, financial, and logistics for projects. S/he will also coordinate and support business development efforts. Specifically, the Senior Program Associate assumes primary responsibility for the following tasks and activities:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for designated projects or Task Orders (TOs) and liaise with other IBTCI offices to respond to administrative and logistical Task Order requirements.
- Maintain full knowledge of the project/TO issues, including current information on the operational environment and potential risks.
- Ensure TO and project-related intellectual capital is properly captured, filed and disseminated.
- Manage and track project activities and personnel through planning, implementation and reporting phases, under the supervision of the Project Director or Chief of Party.
- Maintain regular communication, through frequent phone calls with project employees, consultants and/or country field offices to ensure that IBTCI staff and consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments facilitating smooth work implementation.
- Participate in project award startup processes, including mobilizing IBTCI employees and consultants securing appropriate work permits and visas as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of short- and long-term consultants.
- Arrange all logistical support for technical experts, consultants and teams.
- Train/orient project/TO staff and consultants on IBTCI operations, procedures and tools.
- Participate in the TO/assignment planning process, which includes refining scopes of work and cost estimates, developing implementation timelines, etc.
- Collaborate with TO/project staff, employees and consultants in the development of reports, work plans and other deliverable obligations and ensure timely submission and quality of content.
- Contribute technical inputs as needed, which may include statistical analysis, research, writing, graphics, etc.
- Secure USAID approval on personnel, travel, budget, and other matters as per contract/TO requirements.
- Maintain communication with consultants and subcontractors to ensure that they are supported throughout the course of their assignments and to ensure smooth implementation.
- Coordinate preparation of employment, consulting and other agreements.
- Carefully monitor and manage award level budgets and facilitate realignment when necessary.
- Develop cost projections, review monthly expenditures, and review cost information reported to the client.
- In collaboration with Accounting, manage internal project/TO financial reporting and systems.
- Supervise and monitor local legal and logistical providers’ contracts and services as necessary.
- Implement clerical close-out of project/TO/assignment files and resources, including ensuring completion of activity and consultant performance evaluation forms.
- Travel to field sites to provide support as needed.
- Draft technical and non-technical sections of proposals (e.g. management, past performance, personnel, introduction).
- Create and maintain proposal checklists and calendars.
- Oversee background research on potential procurements and tenders appropriate for the practice, which will inform the preparation of a proposal.
- Identify sub-contractors and assist in preparing teaming agreements.
- Manage recruitment efforts, monitor recruitment applications, search databases and shortlist candidates, follow-up with candidates, and maintain recruitment matrices.
- Submit final technical and cost proposals to relevant agencies.
- Facilitate routine and proposal-specific BD meetings and monitor practice-wide progress on proposal preparation and capture efforts.
- Work closely with the Practice VP and supervisors to manage and distribute workload between Program Associates and Interns;
- Delegate tasks to Interns; provide oversight and monitor performance.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Program Associates to support quality and compliance with regards to administrative, logistical, and financial processes.
- Provide orientation and professional development support to Program Associates and Interns.
- Maintain and support team-wide strategic initiatives and resources, such as business opportunity tracking, LOE distributions, standards and templates, technical product library, etc.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences and other events.
- Participate in team-wide meetings and initiatives.
- Promote integration and cross fertilization of ideas and information among projects/TOs and across departments.
- Participate in initiatives within IBTCI related to Corporate Operations with developing standards, policies, management tools, training and resources based on experience.
- Respond to other requests as directed by the Practice VP, Project Director or Chief of Party, or supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous field experience a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring preferred.
- Well-organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience in behavior change science desired.
- Previous experience with WASH and/or nutrition a plus.
- Oral and written fluency in a foreign language preferred.
- At least five years of work experience for Bachelor’s degree holders and threeyears of experience for Master’s degree holders or bachelor’s or master’s degree and 18 months of IBTCI work experience at the associate level.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use and presentation software (Microsoft Office) required.
- Experience using the internet for research required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, public health, business administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.