The Business Development Department, which identifies and pursues new growth opportunities with government, foundation and corporate donors, seeks a Senior Program Associate. This position will be part of a dynamic team that executes a cross-departmental strategy to meet revenue growth targets. This Senior Program Associate will support the Business Development team in the business acquisition process beginning with donor engagement through award negotiation as well as support the efficient functioning of the unit. They play an integral role in this unit as well as across the organization through supporting the organization’s business development systems and efforts.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with the whole range of work required in the business development process: from a sharp eye for detail in administrative tasks such as packaging proposals to a savvy sense of big-picture strategy in representational roles and pipeline administration. Candidates should be comfortable working in the ups and downs of the business development cycle: staying motivated and forward-thinking during slow times and calm under pressure balancing multiple priorities during busy times.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Business Development Unit and support to business development efforts, liaising with staff from other departments to achieve institutional revenue goals.
- Identify and track new business opportunities
- Development capture materials such as organizational capacity statement
- Support business development processes based on internal lessons learn and best practices, including opportunity pipeline, quality review, and tools/resources for teams working in BD.
- Lead data analysis of the organization’s business development efforts and reporting to inform business development strategy and operations.
- Conduct long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the organization
- Contribute to systems for knowledge management and contact relationship management.
- Represent LWR – IMA among donors and peer organizations in events, working groups, and other opportunities to increase visibility and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in international development
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience supporting grants or as a writer for successful proposals to USAID, US Department of State and/or major foundations
- Excellent communicator’verbal and written
- Strong facilitation skills
- Able to collaborate with a diverse work force
- Proactive and flexible work style
- Capable of identifying and responding to shifting priorities
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic
- Deep commitment to LWR and IMA’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Please note that, upon hire, employees must provide proof of legal eligibility to work in the United States of America.