PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We seek to recruit a Senior Program Assistant to provide project management and logistics support for The Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) activities in Thies, Fatick and Louga. The Senior Program Assistant will be based in Thies.
The Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA), a program at PATH, is a leader in the fight to end malaria illnesses and deaths. MACEPA refines and develop tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds the data that empower national governments to pursue elimination. MACEPA is partnering with countries that have achieved major reductions in malaria illness to develop evidence-based approaches to eliminating the disease. The approach involves optimizing coverage of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment interventions, and advanced surveillance methods to track and treat remaining cases. PATH MACEPA currently works in 4 regions in Senegal: Saint-Louis, Matam, Louga and Tambacounda; and is looking to extend to 25 more districts throughout the regions.
- Provide meeting planning and logistics activities which may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts.
- Strengthen PATH malaria communications, strategic partnerships, strengthen talent and knowledge management.
- Develop reports, presentations, and other programmatic materials, ensuring compliance with document standards.
- Provide general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the MACEPA Program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for MACEPA staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, produce minutes for activity meetings and workshops and assist in following up on recommendations or actions.
- Coordinate procurement of both services and supplies and working closely with the procurement and operations team to manage vendors and suppliers.
- In consultation with relevant staff, plan and coordinate the production and distribution of activity reports and other communications materials as requested.
- Ensure local and international travel management for assigned programs teams (visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.).
- Coordinate arrangements for Programs visitors’ domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel room reservation and airport pick up.
- Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurements, prepare documentation (e.g. Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
- Serve as a resource for translating program correspondence, reports, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Ensure that MACEPA team transaction requests are submitted following PATH Senegal established processes and procedures.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Senegal, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Update activities and documents on the online SharePoint. Back up for other assistants as requested.