PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH in Senegal is seeking an experienced and bilingual Senior Program Assistant to provide support for project administration, management, and logistics for project activities in Senegal, for a fixed term employment of 1 Year. Specifically, the Senior Program Assistant will support the following projects:
- DMPA-SC Access Collaborative: a global initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and led by PATH in collaboration with John Snow, Inc. (JSI). Since 2017, the Access Collaborative has been working with ministries of health and partners in more than 20 countries to expand women’s contraceptive options and access through introduction and scale-up of the self-injectable product DMPA-SC. The Senior Program Assistant will report to the PATH Regional Technical Advisor, based in Dakar. They will support project work to provide international technical assistance to countries at various stages of introducing and/or scaling up the all-in-one injectable contraceptive DMPA-SC.
- Technical assistance project for Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AYSRHR) strategy development, with WHO support, PATH will work with Directions de la mere et de l’enfant (DSME) to design and develop a strategy to reinforce AYSRHR in Senegal. The Program Assistant will support the project lead in administrative management as well as delivering operational activities including conducting, documents review, focus group discussion, interview with stakeholders as well as workshop and meeting preparation.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Support to project management
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, produce minutes for meetings and workshops, and assist in following up on recommendations or actions. Compile and organize relevant materials, help to set up meetings, make arrangements for and troubleshoot audio/visual connections.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop and field work exercise participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Assist the team to liaise with stakeholders and partners for the provision of technical support on request.
- Provide telephone support to team by redirecting phone calls to the relevant office, soliciting information, answering general queries by telephone, and organizing teleconferences and virtual meetings via Zoom and MS Teams.
- Serve as a resource for translating and validating translations of program correspondence, reports, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Assist in preparation, planning and scheduling for meetings and workshops.
- Create and maintain appropriate records and knowledge management systems, including shared drive and cloud-based filing systems, for project-related information and materials.
- Ensure local and international travel management for programs team, including visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.
- Coordinate arrangements for incoming visitors’ or Dakar staff persons’ domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel room reservation and airport pick up.
- Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurements, prepare documentation (e.g., Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
- Backstop team members when they are out of the office to follow up on communications.
- Manage office supplies inventory.
- Ensure that team transaction requests are submitted following PATH and PATH Senegal established processes and procedures.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Senegal, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Update activities and documents on Box.
- Provide backup for other Program Assistants at PATH/Senegal as requested.
Support to DMPA-SC RTA
Under the supervision of the Access Collaborative Regional Technical Advisor:
- Assist the RTA to liaise with other francophone countries to track incoming and TA needs and requests and track progress on ongoing TA provided to countries.
- Assist the Senegal-based SI ambassadors and help to liaise with other francophone and anglophone SI ambassadors
- Assist the francophone DMPA-SC Learning and Action Network (LAN) dissemination activity of the AC across francophone countries, including providing back end support of public webinars and workshops through Zoom webinars.
- Participate in periodic Access Collaborative online or in-person global or regional thematic learning events such as webinars, regional meetings, or other consultations.
Support to Senegal AYSRHR technical assistance
- Assist the project manager to liaise with MoH, youth organizations and other relevant partners.
- Contribute to data collection for situational analysis through activities including: conducting a literature/document review, co-leading key informants interviews and focus group discussion and contributing to stakeholder mapping.
- Participate in the AYSRHR strategy development process based on a human centered design approach.
- Assist the project manager in report development for PATH HQ and Donor (WHO)
- Work closely with program manager and MoH staff to ensure smooth organization of workshops and meetings related to the AYSRHR technical assistance scope.