*Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Head of the Malaria Disease Area along with other projects or functions, as assigned.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together institutions, businesses, investors, and individuals to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, market development, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Learn more at www.path.org.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access spans every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and introduction to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to women, children, and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 18different diseases, including diarrheal disease, malaria, meningitis, pneumonia, and polio. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
Provide overall administrative support for Global Head as follows:
- Calendar management, including working with internal and external contacts to prioritize and schedule meetings and teleconferences; compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings; monitor action items assigned and other follow-up activities.
- Serve as lead organizer for Malaria Disease Area team meetings and retreats.
- Plan domestic and international travel, working with internal travel management teams and coordinating with other staff as needed.
- Organize and submit travel expenses.
- Assist the Global Head toward ensuring positive staff relations, facilitating communication and participation, and in understanding and interpretation of PATH policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Maintain and prioritize tasks on cloud-based list in partnership with Global Head.
- Distribute and file correspondence containing complex and confidential communications to internal and external contacts. Where appropriate, draft responses or triage queries or issues to other team members for response. Ensure timely flow of information and materials.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Provide administrative support for assigned teams including but not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating document development including proposals, reports, tables, basic graphics, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide proofreading, formatting, and filing of proposals, reports, work plans, and other team documents. Create review timelines for key documents with multiple collaborators. Compile reference lists for manuscripts and other externally facing documents.Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for team members and consultants.
- Manage scheduling and planning of meetings, including compiling and organizing relevant background materials, distributing agendas and minutes, and assisting project manager with follow-up as requested.
- Ensure that logistics for larger meetings, workshops, and other events are arranged. This includes pre-meeting and day of logistics such as web conferences, catering arrangements, room reservations, maintaining participant lists, assisting with guest arrangements.
- Assist the project manager with administrative support in project activities to ensure on time, on budget delivery of project outputs.
- Assist team members with support in using various software programs. Liaise with Information Technology department to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Serve as member of the CVIA’s administrative team to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices. Provide back up for other CVIA Program Assistants.