PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. Within the MNTD program, PATH leads the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project which works closely with National Malaria Control programs in Africa to strengthen data systems and data use to better inform strategies and targeting of resources to reduce burden. Key components of this work are to generate evidence on novel and existing malaria tools to guide decision-makers, and to work with donors to ensure the resources needed to implement these interventions are available.
MACEPA is seeking a Senior Program Assistant to support global project leadership and day-to-day project operations. This position would report into the Deputy Director and work closely with other Africa, Europe, and US-based leadership team members.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide calendaring, travel, and meeting support for MACEPA assigned leadership staff.
- Coordinate and keep up to date team calendars and meeting schedules.
- Document minutes for a variety of meetings and disseminate key messages for both internal and external meetings.
- Manage and/or assist in writing and distribution of documents including proposals, reports, presentations, tables, graphics, and other materials using various software programs.
- Draft and/or proof correspondence and other professional documents such as agendas, meeting minutes, and presentations.
- Perform desk reviews/research to support implementation of project activities (including research and assessments).
- Coordinate arrangements for conferences, workshops, and other events as requested including invitation letters, catering arrangements, event logistics, hotel negotiations, and billing reconciliations with accounts payable.
- Coordinate on-site and virtual logistics for meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Manage project partner(s) coordination and planning as needed.
- Support onboarding of new MACEPA hires including training on collaboration tools (Box, Smartsheet, Sharepoint, OneNote).
- Maintain electronic files and file share structure for the project and portfolio team.
- Plan travel for staff as needed—sourcing hotels and conference venues, serving as liaison with the PATH Travel Team and travel agency, managing passport and visa processing, processing pre and post travel paperwork— ensuring adherence to travel policies.
- Engage in processes and initiatives across the Malaria and NTDs program as needed.
- Support strategic business development initiatives as needed.