Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will manage, execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods, services, and civil works for the implementation of the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire procurement process, and execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement functions such as: analyze market conditions, verify technical specifications or terms of reference, prepare and launch tender documents, arrange and facilitate site visits or bidders’ conferences, respond to written queries or requests for clarifications, facilitate evaluation panels, prepare evaluation reports, carry out price reasonableness analysis, facilitate contract negotiations, prepare and award contracts, notify regarding contract award, and conduct debriefings with bidders.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize the procurement functions, including plans for the efficient procurement of goods, works, and services. Assist in the preparation of procurement plans, procurement implementation plans, and procurement performance reports.
- Provide advice on the procurement activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, services, and civil works.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the Procurement Operations Manual and Contract Administration Manual. Assist in preparation of standard bidding documents, bid challenge system, and reporting templates.
- Provide contract administration services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, assisting in contract amendment, and ensuring completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Assure that all procurement activities are performed in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and that they are in line with procurement regulations and conditions of the grant and implementation agreement. Assist with management and resolution of bid challenges. Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse. Ensure that all approvals and procurement records are kept safely and filed appropriately.
- 10 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, FIDIC documents, project administration and follow-up, and contract management
- Prior experience in conducting works procurement
- Experience working with international development partner institution procurement guidelines and procedures – especially those of the World Bank or Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Experience working on projects in the water and/or non-mining export sectors is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with high-level government officials and business executives
- Experience working in similar countries. Experience working in Mongolia is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, law, economics, finance or public administration
- Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent specialized training
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
Computer Skills –
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint