Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will manage, execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods, services, and civil works for the implementation of the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire procurement process, and execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement functions such as: analyze market conditions, verify technical specifications or terms of reference, prepare and launch tender documents, arrange and facilitate site visits or bidders’ conferences, respond to written queries or requests for clarifications, facilitate evaluation panels, prepare evaluation reports, perform price reasonableness analysis, facilitate contract negotiations, prepare and award contracts, notify regarding contract award, and conduct debriefings with bidders.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize the procurement functions, including plans for the efficient procurement of goods, works, and services. Assist in the preparation of procurement plans, procurement implementation plans, and procurement performance reports.
- Provide advice on the procurement activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, services, and works.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the Procurement Operations Manual and Contract Administration Manual. Assist in preparation of standard bidding documents, bid challenge system, and reporting templates.
- Provide contract administration services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, assisting in contract amendment, and ensuring completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Assure that all procurement activities are performed in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and that they are in line with procurement regulations and conditions of the grant and implementation agreement. Assist with management and resolution of bid challenges. Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse. Ensure that all approvals and procurement records are kept safely and filed appropriately.
- 10 years of experience working as a procurement professional;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, FIDIC documents, project administration and follow-up, and contract management;
- Prior experience in conducting works procurement;
- Experience working with international development partner institutions’ procurement guidelines and procedures – especially those of the World Bank or Millennium Challenge Corporation;
- Experience working on projects in the policy stability development, access to land and/or transport sectors is desirable;
- Experience working on projects in the energy sector related to diversification and efficiency optimization; increasing access to electricity; modernizing electricity transmission and distribution networks; or strengthening market forces in the sector is desirable;
- Experience working in French speaking West Africa and experience working in Senegal is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, law, economics, finance or public administration;
- Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent specialized training.
- Fluency in French; Advanced English – reading, writing, and speaking.
Computer Skills –
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
Only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D