The Senior Procurement Associate supports the procurement services of Corus International; acquisition of project related materials; and donated inventory management. The position is responsible, under the supervision of the Senior Director, Procurement, for administrative support in effective delivery of procurement services for the agency.
Assist with all HQ purchasing activities, which include:
- Preparing of the documentation relevant to screening suppliers as required.
- Conducting small purchases, by following all necessary rules and regulations.
- Communicating with appropriate partners regarding status of orders.
- Creating purchase orders and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Reporting invoice and accounting problems with vendors.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is on file regarding delivery of product to its destination and closeout the purchase order file.
- Preparing payment requests.
- Following up on outstanding payments to vendors.
- Ensuring compliance with anti-terrorism (Patriot Act) regulations.
- Ensuring goods match order; inspect if necessary.
- Maintaining vendor relationships, including freight forwarders.
- Make supplier award recommendations to supervisors
- Prepare bi-weekly status report on ongoing procurements.
- Track ongoing procurements and manage various database lists including Vendors, Master Procurement Tracker, Vendor background checklists.
- Conducting market analysis and new vendor due diligence processes.
- Liaise with field offices to prepare the status updates and delivery schedules.
- Coordinate with overseas recipients the delivery schedule for the project commodities so that local arrangements can be made to ensure timely clearance of commodities through customs
- Support department process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience in Commodity Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics, preferably 1-2 years’ experience within international procurement.
- One to three years of experience with offshore procurement and delivery of pharmaceuticals (HIV/AIDS supplies including ARVs) with Global Fund, USAID, or World Bank is preferred.
- English fluency
- Knowledge of US Government acquisition contracting procedures, regulations, policies (particularly USAID) i.e. FAR, 2 CFR 200, 22 CFR 228 is preferred.
- Good organization and communication skills as well as ability to multi-task are essential.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills specifically for Word and Excel.
- Ability to deliver procurement themed presentation to staff and procurement oversight to new employees.
Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus’s Human Resources department.