Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.033, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9)
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. AS to NS or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first performance review after staff has completed at least one full year in the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new position.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PFPM) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). In the area of portfolio management, PPFD is responsible for assessing the performance of ADB’s portfolio, including preparation of the annual portfolio performance report, reporting on quarterly portfolio performance and project classification system, and conducting special studies; preparing regular and ad hoc reports on the status of ADB’s portfolio; managing selected project and portfolio databases, including data entry and data quality assurance; supporting and managing ADB’s automated project management systems; maintaining PPFD’s website and Business Opportunities website; providing technical and analytical portfolio management support to user departments; overseeing, administering and advising on Project Administration Instructions (PAIs); providing secretariat support to the Operations Review Meeting-Portfolio; leading interagency engagement on portfolio and project and portfolio management issues including participation in multilateral development bank (MDB) portfolio management meetings; commenting and advising, in coordination with the Strategy, Policy and Review Department, on operational policies and procedures; and leading capacity development efforts for effective delivery.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Portfolio Management Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the portfolio management, capacity-building, and procurement-related work of the division. These include: (i) coordinating duties related to the core activities of the division; (ii) organizing portfolio management meetings, materials for the Community of Operations (CoP), Operations Review Meetings (ORM), Portfolio Management Forums, PAU Heads Network, Portfolio Focal Points Network meetings, Project Administration Instructions working group, interdepartmental meetings, and other related working groups; (iii) assisting in the preparation of the Annual Portfolio Performance Report; (iv) assisting in consultant recruitment; (v) preparing correspondences, presentation materials, and data for review and discussions; (vi) consolidating departmental comments to corporate documents; (vii) updating and consolidating inputs to department and divisional workplans; (viii) managing calendar, travel, calls, and documents; and (ix) mentoring junior assistants. The incumbent will report to Director, PFPM.
- Provides administrative and operational assistance to Director, PFPM in managing schedules, meetings, events, travels, queries, coordination, document management, and activities related to portfolio management, capacity building, and procurement data and activities.
- Prepares documents, data, presentation materials, reports, and correspondences as required for project and portfolio management review and discussions.
- Organizes meetings, arranges facilities, and prepares materials for the Community of Operations (CoP), Operations Review Meetings (ORM), Portfolio Management Forums, PAU Heads Network, Portfolio Focal Point Network, Project Administration Instructions working group, interdepartmental meetings, and other related working groups.
- Assists in editing, formatting and preparing charts for the Annual Portfolio Performance Report, Quarterly Portfolio Update, and presentations relating to portfolio management.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing project documents, policy papers, and corporate and strategic reports for comments; ensures all correspondence are prepared and sent promptly in accordance with ADB standards.
- Consolidates inputs and regular updates to the department and division’s workplan; and consolidates departmental comments of corporate documents.
- Coordinates and gathers portfolio data for reports and presentation materials as necessary; and ensures that documents are handled promptly and confidential documents are secured.
- Arranges seminar facilities required for presentations of the Director and PFPM guest speakers; and assists the capacity building team in seminars on project and portfolio management as needed.
- Helps in processing recruitment of consultants and related contract variations; inputs the division’s budget requests in Oracle; acts as the division’s attendance coordinator; and assists in organizing the division’s retreat/team building activities.
- Assists the Director in various initiatives undertaken for the division, and performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required. Working knowledge of the policies, procedures and administrative functions related to recruitment of consultants
- Familiarity with ADB’s organizational structure and general functions.
- Knowledge of ADB’s computer systems and databases that contain information on the projects, portfolio management data, procurement of goods, works, and consulting services
- Proficient with ADB’s standard suite of computer software and in the use of computer databases to input and extract information
- Highly proficient in document and spreadsheet management (specifically in Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in the application of ADB’s Handbook of Style and Usage
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to accurately organize and present data
- Able to maintain up-to-date knowledge in concepts and practices related to area of work
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS4 to 5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.