The Senior Policy Advisor will be responsible for advising on the overall policy direction of the activity, as well as supporting the COP to achieve all policy, GOU coordination, and public sector facing results and deliverables. Along with the COP, the Senior Cyber Program Manager, and Director of Finance and Operations, s/he will provide capacity building, technical and government coordination support to the activity’s subcontractors throughout implementation. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the activity operates to ensure flexibility and rapid re-prioritization of tasks when necessary. S/he will work closely with the Senior Policy Advisor to coordinate across teams, capture synergies and cross-fertilize in all aspects of activity implementation and management. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of existing, and continually changing, cybersecurity policy landscape in Ukraine;
- Acts as one of the DAI representatives on the activity’s Senior Technical Advisory Committee and attends all technical meetings with the GOU and/or partners;
- Serves as a policy advisor and technical expert to the COP, and helps to implement the activity’s technical vision across objectives;
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to the COP on all program areas s/he manages; and
- Ensures coordination with other USAID and donor-funded projects operating in Ukraine, to identify technical opportunities for collaboration and coordination.
- An advanced degree in public policy or administration, international relations, political science, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least five years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope; or a Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope;
- Experience serving in a technical leadership position, including five years of experience managing the technical aspects of donor-funded programs;
- Expertise in policy development and analysis, cybersecurity policy, technology policy, and/or government capacity building;
- Experience working alongside government counterparts and other key stakeholders on implementing complex IT projects, developing policy for digitization, and/or the development of operational level cybersecurity and/or defense solutions for critical infrastructure;
- Experience and familiarity working in Ukraine, including an understanding of the political environment, required;
- Experience managing a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver on project objectives; and
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian required.