PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Philanthropy Officer to join Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy.
The Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy department (SPP) is a part of PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications division. SPP’s core purpose is to provide leadership, strategy, and direction to creating sustainable fundraising driven by marketing analytics that will attract an ever-increasing level of private support from individuals, organizations, and foundations around the world.
The Senior Philanthropy Officer is responsible for working with high net worth individuals and philanthropists to strengthen PATH’s fundraising for unrestricted support. This professional position requires collaboration, an ability to work in a matrixed organization, and strong working relationships across all divisions at PATH.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
- Build, develop, prioritize, and cultivate a strong portfolio of philanthropic support from individuals. Implement individual and group cultivation and solicitation strategies and stewardship activities for donors and prospects with the capacity to give $10K+ up to and exceeding $1M.
- Lead all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship with a focus on identifying new sources of catalytic investments and unrestricted support.
- Develop tailored donor and market strategies specific to a donor portfolio of 125+ households. Demonstrate and execute all aspects of donor management – identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and stewardship of individuals.
- In collaboration with Chief SPP Officer and Director of Philanthropy, support development and management of fundraising committees, including preparing and delivering reports, proposals, and presentations to a variety of audiences including senior leadership, board members, key donor champions, and others.
- In partnership with Annual Giving Officer and other Philanthropy Officers, effectively design end-to-end donor strategies – build trust and confidence with individuals internally and externally. Effectively deploy PATH board, senior leadership, and programmatic staff to engage high level donors.
- Evaluate portfolio value and opportunity to inform SPP revenue targets.
- Solicit major unrestricted gifts and meet specific revenue goals.
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors, adhere to the highest ethical standards, and convey sensitivity to donor needs.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Work collaboratively with SPP team. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the executive team and staff who manage prospects.
- Participate in and provide support for donor cultivation and stewardship events. Represent PATH at community events, including after-hours activities as needed.