Passionate about Geotechnical Design? Looking for a varied work load? Considering that next step …?
We have an opportunity for a Senior or Principal Consultant in Belfast.
As a consultancy of approximately 1,600 staff, we are large enough to work on high-profile schemes in Northern Ireland and Nationally. We are currently working on some of Northern Irelands largest public sector projects such as the Fintona Flood Alleviation Scheme, Mill Strand Integrated Primary School in Portrush and the Whiteabby Rail Track Renewals. We provide geotechnical design services to a wide range of local authority clients through the Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) Ground Investigation Framework.
Our wider business works on schemes such as Sellafield Finite Element Modelling, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Tank Foundation Design, and our team has a strong track record. This includes award winning schemes such as Kirkstall Forge (earthworks, river wall design, reinforced soil wall, brownfield Redevelopment including train station development). We also deliver smaller schemes to which gives you access a wide variety of work across a range of sectors.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Consultant who has experience of projects across a diversity of sectors, with the confidence to liaise directly with both clients and stakeholders, and who has a desire to support our growing profile. Strong general technical skills are a must, with a technical speciality highly desirable – those with experience of authoring factual and interpretive geotechnical reports and those who hold a degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Civil Engineering or degree in Geology combined with a Master’s degree in Engineering Geology or Geotechnics are encouraged to apply. We are keen to continue to grow the team and some enthusiasm to support our business development strategy would also be beneficial.
- Job type: Geotechnical
- Location: Belfast
- Discipline: Geo-Environmental
- Fixed term: No
We also understand how Geotechnical Engineers think and work and have introduced measures to allow our team to fulfil their potential:
- With over 100 permanent geo-environmental specialists across 9 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded engineers who can talk about all stages of a project rather than a niche area. We don’t automatically pigeon-hole our geotechnical engineers and instead encourage diversification of skills and the passing on of knowledge to fellow engineers and scientists. Our experts deliver in-house training monthly and issue updates regularly to help us all operate to the same standards
- Given that the role will likely involve site visits and meeting attendance, we provide cars or car allowances to selected member of the team, including for personal use.
- We support and actively encourage all our experts to apply for chartership, when the time is right for them. For those that spend time and effort in achieving their chartership (we know it’s not easy!) and to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered status with a professional body of their choosing.
- We work closely with many other WYG teams, including Geo-environmental Scientists, Hydrogeologist & Hydrologists, Planning Consultants, Structural & Civil Engineers, Architects and Masterplanners. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing’s not quite right for you, please do still to get in touch as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or a deferred start date to attract good people.