WYG is recruiting for a Senior/Principal Geo-environmental Consultant (grade depending upon experience) in the Leeds office to work with our global consultancy, on challenging, interesting and innovative projects within our Geo-environment team.
Our Geo-environment team in the UK comprises approximately 90 geologists, environmental scientists and civil engineers working in contaminated land and brownfield regeneration, geotechnical design, ground investigation, hydrogeology and environmental due diligence. Our projects include large scale, awarding winning, brownfield sites such a Kirkstall Forge (Leeds), Leeds Arts University (Leeds), Harworth Colliery (Doncaster), Sighthill (Glasgow), site assessments for the Ministry of Defence and a large nationwide portfolio of gasworks sites for National Grid. On many of these schemes we work with our colleagues in planning, engineering, management services, ecology and archaeology.
We offer excellent career prospects in the Leeds team, the largest Geo-environment team in WYG in the UK, comprising approximately 30 staff. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative geologists, engineering geologists or environmental scientists who are keen to work on projects like those listed above. We will support you to develop your technical, management and business development skills to enable to progress your career. Our team operates flexibly, accommodating a variety of working patterns and encourages individuality and the development of your own style of working.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Project management and project leadership;
- Client management and liaison;
- Regulator consultation;
- Financial management;
- Mentoring, support and training of more junior members of the team and ultimately line management;
- The completion and review of ground contamination and brownfield assessments including desk top assessment and ground investigation interpretative reports
- The design of ground investigations
- Supervision of ground investigations
- Remediation design and specification potentially including the remediation of mineworkings and the specification of earthworks
- Contract management and supervision of remediation works
- Validation reporting
This opportunity will suit an organised, motivated and creative geo-environmental professional keen to learn and develop experience in contaminated land assessment and site investigation and engineering geology. We anticipate that you will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- First degree in geology, environmental science, earth sciences, environmental engineering or similar;
- Experience in contaminated land assessment and site investigation;
- Strong interpersonal & team working skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Full UK Driving License;
- You must be eligible to work within the UK;
- Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship with all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors;
- Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Project, Word, Excel etc; and,
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English
- Experience in working on National Grid gasworks sites
- Experience of specifying and supervising earthworks
- IOSH Safe Supervisor course or equivalent, CAT scan course First Aid and CSCS qualifications.
In return we offer a competitive salary , contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share’s.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.