PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Summary of Position
PATH is recruiting a dynamic and experienced, Senior Officer to join the Partnerships Development (PD) team and support our organization’s resource mobilization strategy, focusing on funders in Switzerland, Germany and our expansion strategy into the Middle East. The Senior Officer will work closely with PATH’s Country Director for Switzerland as well as colleagues around the world to identify, prioritize, and build a multi-year pipeline of focused opportunities that align with PATH’s program and business objectives. The Senior Officer will also manage a PD Officer and interns.
The Senior Officer will develop and maintain strong relationships with funders, specifically with multilateral organizations in Geneva (e.g., World Health Organization, Global Fund, Gavi, Unitaid, etc.), bilateral donors in the Middle East, and corporate and foundation funders for global health Therefore, successful candidates must have existing networks and strong connections in the regions and a proven track record in securing funding from some of these priority donors.
- Develop and execute donor and partner engagement strategies (50%)
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with institutional and corporate donors as well as key stakeholders in Switzerland, Germany and the Middle East:
- Building on donor landscape analyses and developing engagement strategy plans for them.
- Networking and sharing information on PATH’s country, regional, and global health efforts to build our organizational reputation and brand.
- Attending relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., donor consultations, health conferences, etc.).
- Maintaining outreach with relevant international and regional NGOs as well as private sector firms to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities.
- Monitoring political and programmatic trends in global health.
- Track the progress of partnerships, updating data and strategic information routinely in Salesforce, providing regular updates to country leadership and the Partnership Development team, and adjusting where necessary to ensure the partnerships evolve with PATH.
- Develop briefing materials for executive staff meetings with donors.
- Pipeline and Proposal Management (40%)
- Develop and manage a multi-year pipeline of new funding opportunities to ensure that PATH consistently delivers at or above long-term revenue goals.
- Shepherd specific opportunities through go/no-go decision-making processes.
- Work with teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, concept notes, as well as applications for funding to diverse donors.
- Assist in writing, editing, and / or coordinating high quality letters of interest, concept notes, and proposals.
- Research current and future sector trends through desk research and virtual and in-person networking.
- Effectively use Salesforce to capture information on opportunities and partnerships.
- Other Duties (10%)
- Supervise PD Officer and interns.
- Share donor and stakeholder engagement best practices with internal audiences.
Support building a consultant roster and potential staff for proposals by identifying technical and non-technical candidates