At PATH, we are a global team of innovators working to accelerate health equity so all people and communities can thrive. We advise and partner with public institutions, businesses, grassroots groups, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. Our team includes scientists, health professionals, business leaders, engineers, advocates, and experts from dozens of other specialties. We work in more than 70 countries to transform bold ideas into sustainable solutions that improve health and well-being for all.
PATH is recruiting a dynamic Senior Officer to join the Partnerships Development (PD) team and support our organization’s business growth strategy with European donors. The Senior Officer will work closely with PATH’s country and program divisions to identify, prioritize, and qualify a robust, multi-year pipeline of focused opportunities that align with PATH’s program and business objectives.
The Senior Officer will develop and maintain strong client relationships with major funders in the region such as the European Commission, bilateral donors (UK, Norway, etc.), and corporate/private funders who are interested in global health priorities. Therefore, successful candidates must have existing networks and strong connections in the region and a proven track record in securing funding from European donors.
This position can be full-time or part-time.
Develop and execute donor and partner engagement strategies (50%)
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with institutional and corporate donors as well as key stakeholders in the European region by:
- Conducting landscape analyses of existing and new donors and developing engagement strategy plans for them.
- Networking and sharing information on PATH’s country, regional, and global health efforts to build our organizational reputation and brand in the region.
- Attending relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., donor consultations, health conferences, etc.).
- Maintaining outreach with relevant international and regional NGOs as well as private sector firms to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities.
- Monitoring political and programmatic trends in global health.
- Track the progress of partnerships, updating data and strategic information routinely in Salesforce, providing regular updates to country leadership and the Partnerships Development team, and adjusting where necessary to ensure the partnerships evolve with PATH.
- Develop briefing materials for executive staff meetings with donors.
Pipeline and Proposal Management (40%)
- Develop and manage a multi-year pipeline of new funding opportunities to ensure that PATH consistently delivers at or above long-term revenue goals.
- Shepherd specific opportunities through go/no-go decision-making processes.
- Work with teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, concept notes, as well as applications for funding to diverse donors.
- Assist in writing, editing, and / or coordinating high quality letters of interest, concept notes, and proposals.
- Research current and future sector trends through desk research and virtual and in-person networking.
- Effectively use Salesforce to capture information on opportunities and partnerships.
Knowledge management and proposal improvement (10%)
- Share donor and stakeholder engagement best practices with internal audiences.
- Support building consultant and potential staff rosters for proposals by identifying technical and non-technical candidates.