Associate New Business Manager (Grade 9)
New Business Manager (Grade 10)
Reports to: Director, New Business, Global
Department: Business Development Unit
Date: October 18, 2016
Function of the Position:
This is a mid to senior-level position embedded within the region. Primary responsibilities include; managing proposals; serving as a contributing writer, lead writer, or technical integrator on proposal teams; providing strategic recruitment; and training/mentoring staff from BDU, Delivery, and Solutions. S/he supports multiple, simultaneous new business efforts at different stages of the bid life cycle. Also contributes to management/coordination of new business efforts: pipeline management, resource allocation, strategic planning, quality control and oversight of proposals. Provides day-to-day operational support to New Business Director, including tracking and reporting for senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Proposal Development: Handle proposal management and coordination of multiple bids, depending on bid size and complexity. Serve as lead or contributing writer and provide proposal integration services. Assure efficient development and submission of clear, readable and responsive technical and cost proposals. Track compliance with DAI controls and proposal processes and procedures, trouble shooting issues as needed. Mentor junior staff on new business processes.
Marketing: Serve as member of joint marketing/ reconnaissance teams. Develop/draft marketing materials reflective of DAI’s technical strengths and geographic portfolios.
Pipeline Development: Use networks and contacts in support of pipeline development and the verification of specific new business opportunities. Undertake desk-top research, coordinating as necessary with DAI’s market intelligence team.
Training/mentoring: Conduct regular new business refresher sessions (1 to 2 hours) for staff in Delivery and Solutions. Serve as a new business trainer on skills development (1 to 2 day) courses. As needed, work with the Training Manager on upgrading training course content.
Other Services: Provide other services, such as technical writing, at the request of the New Business Director.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on business needs.
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 years or relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 10: Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of relevant professional experience or 7 years relevant professional experience and master’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international development
- Minimum one year of business development experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proven experience working independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of USG thematic and functional policies and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in Spanish
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans