SI is seeking a full-time Senior Monitoring Lead who will be responsible for overall management and functioning of all performance monitoring and related cross-cutting activities, as well as providing technical expertise for performance management training. This position will be based in Abuja. The Senior Monitoring Lead will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee program monitoring and reporting across multiple activities and programs. She/he will work with stakeholders including implementers and Mission staff providing oversight of monitoring functions, such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans, setting of targets, collection of program data, assessment of data quality, analyses of data, reporting, and measurement of impact.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP), Evaluation Lead, and Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor, ensuring that monitoring information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Provide training to various stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Master’s degree with at least seven years of related experience in design and implementation of performance monitoring as well as performance and/or impact evaluation, analyses and assessments of large and/or complex development projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators, assessing and tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Familiar with standard USAID policies, guidance, processes, and indicators; and capable of developing customized indicators.
- Familiar with publicly available data sources (such as those of multilateral organizations, think tanks, research institutions, Government of Nigeria agencies/ministries, etc.) and the indicators they measure.
- Demonstrated experience developing Performance Management and Evaluation Plans (PMEPs), theories of change, logical frameworks, and results frameworks, at an activity level.
- Demonstrated experience training/facilitating workshops with various types of stakeholders on M&E topics; proven ability to distill complex information down to useable and understandable information for stakeholders.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Program management experience highly desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.