International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer/Technical Advisor
Location (Practice): Primarily Amman, Jordan and Vienna, VA (CCG Practice)
Reports To: Field CoP, HO Management Team or designee
Type: Regular Full-Time (Up to one year term)
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer/Technical Advisor. We are looking for someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. This position will be for up to 12 months commencing in April in the field (in Amman Jordan) and the remaining months spent primarily at the home office (in USA).
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Field Work (Months 1 to 3/9) – Candidate must be eligible to work in Jordan
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be tasked to work on a mission-wide Monitoring and Evaluation project funded by the United States Agency for International Development/Yemen (USAID/Yemen). The USAID/Yemen Monitoring and Evaluation Project II (YMEPII) is a multi-year project focusing on the provision of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Research services across numerous development sectors in Yemen. It is estimated that the candidate will be based in Jordan from on or about April to June. There is a possibility of an extension of field duties until December. Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversee technical operations including monitoring, evaluations, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the project.
- Lead trainings and mentoring for YMEPII and USAID staff related to USAID projects.
- Design optimal solutions for gathering, analyzing and assessing data and information that will satisfy USAID/Yemen’s understanding of project impact and advancement toward strategic goals.
- Design data methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols and data verification techniques.
- Design and develop quality assessments, analytical reports and evaluations, including testing of the development hypothesis.
- Lead and manage data collection teams.
As Technical Advisor at the Home Office Duties: (Months 3/9 to 12) – Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
It is estimated that the candidate will be based in the US, starting as early as July but no later than January of 2021.
- Work on deliverables for projects including work plans, resource plans and technical and progress reports.
- Review technical deliverables.
- Perform administrative, logistical and operational tasks such as:
- Project mobilization, including set up of registration, procurement, standard operating procedures, recruitment and office functions.
- Prepare technical documents, such as Scopes of Work (SOWs) for consultant and sub-contractor contracts and purchase order agreements.
- Track project budgets and pipe-lines.
- Ensure project administration is compliant with IBTCI and client procedures and policies.
- Ensure technical content is compliant with IBTCI and client procedures and policies.
- Participate in capture and l proposals and request(s) for information (on specific business opportunities to be identified by IBTCI).
- Formulate components of proposals (technical and/or non-technical sections).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience with an advanced degree.
- Four (4) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and managing government-funded contracts;
- Extensive experience with Qualitative methods, statistical analysis and data collection analysis.
- Previous USAID experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Education: Advanced degree in a relevant subject from an accredited university/institution. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience with program performance monitoring
- Proven ability to design and field test surveys, questionnaires, and/or other data collection instruments.
- Strong data collection and analyses experience.
- Experience managing analysis, synthesis, documentation and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality written products.
- Analytical and strong online research skills.
- Records management experience a plus.
- Strict attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Yemen experience a plus.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.