SI is seeking a local senior-level M&E Specialist to lead and manage the technical work related to performance monitoring under this contract. He/she will also lead/oversee the review of project level M&E plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising DO teams on their M&E work. This is a three-year project scheduled to begin June 2020, based in Amman, Jordan and contingent on award. This position is only open to local Jordanians.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract. S/he ensures the short‐term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Guide technical teams in developing and updating performance monitoring plans, leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management.
- Serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract to be identified.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience designing and implementing performance of development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc.
- Advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrated experience designing and field testing surveys and other data collection instruments; and working on and preferably leading an evaluation team.
- Project management skills are desirable; familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication, and excellent interpersonal skills.