We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This a full time, key position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the review and updating of performance management plans (PMPs) and project level M&E plans, and develop plan for collection of PMP and PPR indicators
- Design and support Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) to ensure the reliability and validity of performance data
- Oversee and advise on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments used by USAID to develop and improve data collection systems
- Design and support baseline assessments to establish initial status on program performance indicators
- Assist in the preparation of evaluation and assessments requested by the mission
- Assist in training USAID staff and Implementing Partners on monitoring and evaluation tools and policies.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of M&E experience in development or humanitarian programs is required
- Experience in leading and managing the design, data analysis, and report writing for activity monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance evaluations of development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc. is required
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated experience conducting DQAs
- Strong professional oral and written proficiency in English
Education: An Advanced degree in International Relations, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation Methodologies, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in working on USAID-funded projects
- Experience in South Sudan or East Africa
- Substantive experience leading an evaluation team on international development evaluations
- Substantive experience in performance monitoring, including indicator development, to report on progress in achieving intended impact and improve project design and management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.