International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to coordinate the USAID/Philippines Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Activity. The USAID/Philippines Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity will serve as the primary technical support mechanism for monitoring, evaluation, learning and adaptive management of the Health Project of USAID/Philippines. As such, it will provide in-country technical assistance, advisory service, capacity-building and related logistical support to USAID/Philippines Office of Health for monitoring project activities; conducting performance and/or impact evaluations and limited implementation research; systematically documenting evidence of results/impact of good practices and promising interventions from current and new tuberculosis and family planning activities; undertaking selected secondary analyses of data from major health surveys/studies; and facilitating continuous learning and adaptive management for the Health Project and its various implementing mechanisms.
The period of performance for this activity is 4-5 years and will be based in Manila, Philippines. The position is contingent upon successful contract award. Only candidates who are Filipino national or have Filipino citizenship will be considered for this position.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall design, implementation and management of selected impact evaluation studies, limited implementation research, secondary analyses of data from key health surveys, and special assessments or data collection that may be assigned by the CLA Director;
- Provide oversight in all aspects of implementation of the foregoing activities and management of staff and consultants (regular and contracted) engaged in these activities;
- Plan and implement dissemination activities for sharing results and findings of monitoring, evaluation, and research activities under the portfolio;
- Develop the learning plan for the Health Project;
- Design, implement and track learning and adaptive management activities emanating from monitoring, evaluation, and research activities;
- Assist the CLA Director in the design and implementation of keyperformance evaluations under the CLA activity.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience in performance and impact evaluation designs, methodologies, and practical applications, including baseline data collection methods;
- Manage all activities related to evaluation services, ensuring production and completion of quality reports, as determined by the SOW and all evaluation requests;
- Ensure all technical personnel have the appropriate technical knowledge necessary for his/her job tasks;
- Proven expertise in monitoring and evaluating related technical areas;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners;
- Experience in a mix of the above-indicated skills areas are highly preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in performance management for international development programming, preferably in developing countries; public health monitoring and evaluation, conduct of program and project surveys, assessments, and data analysis, preferably in health; design and tracking of performance management plans of national and international development projects; setting-up and /or strengthening national health information and monitoring systems.
- At least five years solid work experience in the design, implementation and/or management of performance tracking or monitoring process of large, complex development activities, preferably in health, as team lead or M&E subject matter expert.
- At least five years of experience in a supervisory and/or management position that includes providing technical and administrative oversight to sub-contractors.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, management and analysis with a strong statistical background;
Education: Master of Science degree or higher in research methods, statistics, public health, demography, social science research, or a related field required.