Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation under this contract.
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes under this contract.
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to contract interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverable and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing.
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID PMP and providing technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Iraq technical teams on their M&E work.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract.
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology.
- Ensure the short‐term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract to be identified.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing Countries, highly desirable.
- An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, public policy, research
- methods, program assessment, evaluation/measurement or another relevant field, required.
- Demonstrated M&E experience in development and humanitarian programs is required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of
- development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc., required.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and experience with Third-Party Monitoring, required.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.