SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for developing and driving the implementation of ITFC’s strategies for market penetration to provide Trade Solutions in the public sector of the designated region. The public sector refers to Sovereign, Quasi-Sovereign & State-Owned Entities. The holder of the role will manage client relationships firsthand and may be required to manage and supervise the team in the sub-region, and drive team performance to achieve desired organizational targets and KPIs assigned to the sub-region. This role is responsible for ensuring adherence to ITFC’s risk guidelines, policies and procedures.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Strategic Responsibilities
- Devise and drive strategies for effective market penetration and deal generation in the designated countries under the sub-region for ITFC’s Trade Solutions offering.
- Contribute to the departmental strategy for regional presence, considering the market potentials, costs, and business prospects of the respective sub-region.
- Introduce and develop new financial solutions, products and platforms and build long-term partnerships with strong local and regional players to expand ITFC’s offering in the Islamic Trade Finance products space and enhance the ability to partner with target clientele.
- Develop and enhance ITFC brand and visibility by organizing/participating in high profile events, promoting success stories, and engaging in effective communications to position ITFC as a trusted partner.
- Guide, advise, mentor and coach junior staff and peers to develop and broaden their scope of skills, including providing on the job learning opportunities.
- Manage work allocation within the team to build efficiencies into the deal originations and deal structuring process. Ensuring that the functioning of the team is structured in a manner that drives the achievement of the division’s goals and objectives. Reviewing the work of the team for quality output.
- Lead specific missions with RMs & Senior Associate and / or participating in high level missions with CEO, as required.
Relationship and Portfolio Management
Origination (Business Development):
- Initiate the process of ITFC’s intervention (trade finance and development) in any designated market, including country/regional review and market review as per ITFC’s business plans and objectives.
- Liaise with prospective clientele to build awareness around the nature of Islamic Trade Finance products offered by ITFC (such as Murabaha) and various modes of financing provided (Import financing, export financing, LC Confirmation, working capital solution including structured trade commodity transactions etc).
- Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable prospects in the public sector in target regions, grow and develop new/existing business relationships.
Structuring and Negotiation:
- Build an understanding of the existing/prospective client needs, structuring the transactions, leading negotiations and drafting of Term Sheets in line with the relevant guidelines of ITFC.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective deals by evaluating the associated risks in a robust manner to validate the client’s financial standing and risk exposure. Negotiating and closing the proposed Term Sheet in line with the relevant guidelines at ITFC.
- Preparation of Credit Memorandum and clarifying the terms and conditions for the provision of Trade Finance instruments. Conducting a thorough risk evaluation to identify the potential risk factors and incorporate mitigating clauses in the Credit Memorandum.
- Review Credit Memoranda for accuracy of information presented and proposing for approval, as per ITFC’s Approval Delegation Matrix.
- Contribute to the presentation of prospective deals in the Credit Committee meetings at ITFC and working to secure approval for implementation. After approval, work towards the legal documentation and disbursement of the financing in a timely manner. Coordinating all communications between the clients and other internal stakeholders within ITFC.
- Monitor the status of all transactions in the portfolio to ensure timely disbursement, repayment, and renewals while ensuring there are no gaps.
- Ensure regular communication with clients and other relevant stakeholders via periodic (weekly/monthly) calls as applicable and documenting outcomes for the records.
- Schedule and coordinate follow up actions with clients in the designated region in case of overdues within the stipulated Days Past Due (DPD) in line with ITFC’s guidelines.
- Lead the management of country relations with regards to engagements with the Office of the Governor, with all other relevant public sector stakeholders and in the public relation goals of ITFC.
- Lead the preparation of country engagement documents including correspondence, strategy papers and Framework Agreements.
- Any other relevant assignment as may be required from time to time.
Integrated Trade Solutions
- Originate leads for ITFC’s Integrated Trade Solution offerings from existing as well as new clientele in the assigned region based on sound understanding the market opportunities and clients stated and unstated needs and requirements.
- Work with the relevant departments to cross-sell all ITFC’s products and services for financial sustainability and developmental impact.
Managing Regional Presence
- Ensure that visibility for ITFC’s activities are maximized with internal and external stakeholders to support the ITFC brand awareness and trade finance business.
- Design country specific and regional strategies for effective penetration and lead generation in the designated region for ITFC’s Trade Solutions offering.
- Represent and participate in International trade conferences.
- Maintain relationships with clients in the designated region and overseeing the upstream investment process in order to ensure seamless implementation.
- Manage assigned local offices and support ITFC employees assigned to the respective local office, if applicable.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Masters Degree, preferably MBA with a specialization in Finance/Accounting/Marketing/International Business/ or Trade
- English & Arabic are compulsory
- French is preferable
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of experience