With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
As Senior Manager, Organizational Development you will be a key member of the Human Resources/Global Talent Team responsible for developing and implementing global talent management programs and practices that will make an immediate and sustainable impact on developing current and future leaders for the Environmental Defense Fund.
This role will focus primarily on leading our global initiatives in Executive Coaching, Management Coaching, organizational-wide Leadership Development, Organizational Effectiveness and Change Management. You’ll also contribute your expertise as a collaborative member of the team to ensure we continuously enhance our training & development, and talent management programs around the globe.
- Provide change management support for our expansion into Europe and Asia and other major initiatives as needed.
- Consult with HRBPs and senior leadership to identify key organizational challenges such as team effectiveness, then recommend and deliver appropriate solutions/interventions to create high performing teams using tools such as 5 Dysfunctions of a Team, RASCI, DiSC, Lumina Spark, etc.
- Assess our use of external executive coaches and other programs/tools being utilized today to develop senior level leaders across regions, recommend changes/modifications, and select and manage vendor relationships.
- Develop a strategy for utilizing internal or external coaching for our mid-level managers to prepare them for future leadership positions. Coach managers and directors directly, if certified.
- Participate with other Senior Managers in setting annual OD priorities and key metrics for our upcoming fiscal year (FY22) and beyond.
- Maintain an external perspective, anticipate organizational development trends, and translate them into our leadership development strategy.
- Collaborate with HRBPs and select senior leaders of the organization to create a high-performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions and providing measurable performance indicators.
- Utilize key HR tools, systems and processes, including Workday HCM system, Learning Management System (Cornerstone), and other related HR processes and tools.
- Participate in advancing the EDF Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) goals in which people from all background and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with our values.
- Supervise and develop assigned OD Specialist(s).
- BA/BS in HR, OD, or related field; Master(s) degree is desirable.
- 10+ years’ relevant HR experience with 5+ years’ experience managing others, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Certification in change management and project management preferred.
- Certified as an Executive Coach preferred.
- Certifications in assessment tools such as MBTI, Insights Discovery, Lumina Spark, DiSC, Hogan, 360-degree feedback preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, change management, talent assessment, succession planning, team effectiveness and coaching.
- Demonstrated competency in group facilitation, team coaching, conflict management and problem solving.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization.
- Significant and deep practical understanding of and experience in apply organization development theory to achieve outcomes at the individual, team, and organization-wide level
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership to positively influence the end-result.
- Action-oriented to initiate appropriate resources and tools to ensure delivery on key HR processes.
- Continuous improvement / simplification mindset and experience.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.