Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
ChildFund International is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Ethiopia. The project will work to improve the welfare and protection of children affected by HIV/AIDS by building the capacity of households to provide for children under their care and strengthening social services systems and structures to improve care and support of OVC. The expected duration of the project is five years.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for the OVC program that fulfills donor and national requirements. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program following PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting procedures and the national OVC policy framework.
- Provide capacity strengthening of local partners to ensure adherence to the M&E systems and procedures with emphasis on data collection protocols.
- Work on data analysis to promote evidence-based programming and timely feedback in relation to improving programming at all levels and to cover identified gaps.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Participate in national and donor M&E technical working group or other forum when the opportunity arises.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation of large projects and/or programs, US government funded programs preferred.
- Has strong team management skills, setting realistic priorities, and planning for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Has excellent facilitation and mentoring capacity building skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Prior OVC USAID funded project experience highly preferred.