PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Knowledge Management (KM) to lead knowledge management efforts for the Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) to ensure that the Center’s knowledge is optimized, preserved, and accessible across the organization. The KM Senior Manager will work closely with all CVIA functions and lead the development, implementation and monitoring of KM policies, practices, and systems.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 15 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
While reporting through the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) function, the KM Senior Manager will be responsible for a diverse set of KM activities across CVIA.
- Provide vision, technical leadership, and management support for all CVIA KM activities, and ensures they align with overall PATH KM goals and objectives. Partner with the owner of the CVIA project and portfolio management system for system integration.
- Provide project management support to team leading the selection and implementation of regulatory and quality management systems. Partner with subject matter experts and key stakeholder groups to ensure requirements understood.
- Manage CVIA-deployed Electronic Content Management (ECM) system(s), including information topologies, standards selection, workflow design, and search optimization.
- Work with end users to develop taxonomies for shared content in cloud-based knowledge and content management systems.
- Develop, lead, and oversee implementation of strategies and tools to foster knowledge sharing throughout CVIA with a range of audiences. Keep process documentation and training materials up to date.
- Track new ECM standards and technologies and make recommendations to use these tools to improve business processes.
- Work across CVIA functional groups, disease areas and project teams to define and implement internal KM change management processes and workflows.
- Act as a subject matter expert and a resource for questions related to KM processes.
- Work as primary KM liaison between IT and CVIA team members on KM-related matters. Liaise with PATH Library and Knowledge Services team to share learning and strengthen cross-PATH KM efforts.
- Monitor and evaluate project knowledge sharing efforts and opportunities for process improvement. Analyze, report, and act on ECM system user feedback.
- Serve as a core member of the PPM leadership team.
- Coach, mentor and educate CVIA staff on the importance of KM as well as new systems and processes.