Background IRC Summary:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 30 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview Summary:
Develop tailored supply plans for each category and country. Establish long-term agreements with high-quality suppliers to reduce transactional work and receive better terms. Ensure all procurement is done through the supply chain team to eliminate “shadow” spend. Develop world-class partnerships with suppliers and other organizations.
The Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of strategic initiatives within all indirect sourcing categories of responsibility. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, supplier negotiations, identification of cost saving opportunities and overall management of supplier relationships. A good proportion of the total category spend and suppliers will not be managed directly; however, the senior procurement manager will need to consider the total spend within the strategy, provide support and oversight.
• Spearhead sourcing of various indirect categories
• Cultivate supplier relationships
- Experience in sourcing indirect spend categories
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- 6-8 years of Procurement related experience, preferably major part of that in indirect categories
- NGO experience preferred with thorough understanding of institutional donors’ (USAID, DIFID, OFDA, ECHO) policies relating to procurement
- Must have proven project management skills and experience, excellent communication skills, the ability to find solutions and achieve results, the ability to analyze and resolve complex issues and the ability to motivate team members
- Ability to establish supplier specifications, measure conformance and identify process improvement opportunities that are defined in conjunction with internal customers is critical to this position
- Driven to meeting or exceeding milestones
- Ability to provide fact based advice and development of market and industry analysis
- Has advanced and proven knowledge of procurement industry cost structures and drivers
- Ability to multitask productively and prioritize effectively
- General knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
Working Environment : Office work environment. Travel less than 10%