Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition – Washington DC or Baltimore, MD
Corus International seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition. The Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition will be a team-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills, responsible for consulting with hiring managers to understand their recruitment needs; developing sourcing strategies to leverage diverse high caliber candidates; screening candidates to assess their qualifications through a combination of behavioral and competency-based interviewing; and monitoring requisition status to ensure an efficient recruitment process. In collaboration with the Director, People, Diversity & Culture, the Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition will shape our global recruitment strategy and bring forth ideas to help create new processes for the entire employee life cycle for our growing organization. This role will collaborate with the DEI Recruitment Committee and work to create pipelines and creative ways to attract diverse talent. In collaboration with the Diversity, People, and Culture team, the Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition will revamp talent acquisition and onboarding processes; create SOPs, templates, and workflows; and train hiring managers on new processes.
This position reports to the Director, People, Diversity & Culture, and can be based in either the Washington, DC, or the Baltimore, MD office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage efficient, fast-paced, full cycle recruiting operations to support the organization’s hiring growth
- Execute the communications strategy and branding for recruitment and talent acquisition, providing an exciting and accurate preview to candidates who are considering working at Corus International
- Develop effective recruitment strategies to attract diverse candidates
- Build and maintain systems to communicate with candidates and facilitate the recruitment process
- Serve as the talent acquisition subject matter expert to leadership in partnership with the Director, People, Diversity & Culture
- Be an integral part of workforce planning to anticipate future needs and develop strategies to attract talent
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
- Provide regular reporting to hiring managers and executive team on the effectiveness of the recruiting funnel and recommend strategies to improve
- Collaborate with ERE teams to enhance and promote Corus’s employment brand
- Implement and maximize the investment on in-house tools (e.g. LinkedIn, ApplicantPro, DiversityJobs, etc.)
- Implement strategies and methods to ensure an incredible candidate experience anytime someone interviews at Corus
- Be a brand ambassador for the organization by presenting at recruiting events, staying current in social media, and take advantage of other external opportunities
- Develop a working knowledge of departments in order to quickly identify hiring needs at the department level, as well as how that fits into the broader organizational culture
- Work creatively with departments to help create recruitment plans and identify resources for outreach and staffing needs
- Manage recruitment vendors and process invoices and expense reports accurately and on time
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills, responding to internal clients and candidates in a timely and professional manner
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, plus 7-8 years of related experience, or equivalent combination, and a successful track record of recruiting at a rapidly growing organization
- Demonstrated experience managing recruitment of U.S. expats and third country nationals (TCNs) for donor-funded international development/humanitarian assistance programs and projects
- Experience working for an international non-profit organization preferred
- Familiarity with and experience working with USAID, FCDO (DFID), multi-lateral and bi-lateral funding institutions, private foundations, etc. preferred
- Exemplary track record in recruiting for all levels of talent, ranging from coordinator level to VP/Executive level.
- Experience working with an Affirmative Action Plans preferred
- Hands-on experience with relevant social media, conferences, events, and recruiting channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with no hesitation of cold calling, networking, and public speaking
- Strategic thinker who can support and refine an end-to-end recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process
- Proven ability to create diverse pipelines of talent and to source for difficult to fill roles
- Ability to provide professional guidance to hiring managers with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience utilizing various recruitment and ATS platforms
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
IMA/Corus International OR LWR/Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus’s Human Resources department.