QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Senior Manager, Global Health and Data is a critical role that bridges two central functions within QED. Most prominently, this role will provide oversight, management, and strategy development for the Data Hub Team while serving in a lead technical role as a member of the Data Hub team and supporting QED’s active project work. In addition, the Senior Manager will contribute to the growth and expansion of QED’s global health portfolio, support and lead engagements with QED’s Center for Global Data Visualization (CGDV) and provide thought leadership on behalf of the Company in data visualization.
• Contributes to and leads the growth of the Data Hub Team and of data science and data visualization use on QED projects
• Directly supervises members of the Data Hub Team
• Articulates and communicates a variety of data visualization and science methods solutions to solve international development and client-oriented problems
• Conducts research, gathers intelligence, and supports preparation of technical proposals and other business development-related deliverables
• Represents Data Hub Team in management meetings and discussions as required
• Develops graphic layouts, geo-spatial mapping, and uses graphics and animation to create compelling deliverables for current projects and new proposals
• Communicates complex concepts and analytics to a range of stakeholders using dashboards and maps
• Develops and delivers training in data visualization for international development practitioners and USG clients such as USAID
• Identifies digital trends and influencers and ensure to ensure targeted engagement around QED’s content
• Leads the development and implementation of strategies for branding and content for social media, website, blog, and email marketing
• Uses digital channels to grow brand awareness and engagement
• Develops and executes digital (including social media campaigns and marketing strategies) to increase QED’s digital engagement
• Designs website banners, print posters, maps, and infographics for conferences
• Creates and maintains graphic standardization and provides training
• Ensures use of standard templates, complex images, computer animations, special effects, character development and other visualizations
• Designs, produces, and distributes multimedia products to reach wide audiences including: animations, graphics, 3D modeling, web products, backend video production and presentations
• Provides support, coordination, and execution for special studies
• Performs additional duties, as needed
• Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, or related fields
• Deep experience (at least 10-15 years) with USAID and other USG and international development clients
• Creative, analytical, problem solver-confident and able to apply technical solutions in new domains
• Excellent communicator with ability to write clearly and concisely in the use of data science and methods
• Ability to work with clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems using excellent problem-solving skills and verbal/written communication to non-technical audiences
• Experience in data visualization using different approaches and techniques
• Experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data; command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms
• Exposure to analysis packages (e.g. R, SAS, MATLAB) and programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, Scala)
• Ability to translate engagement objectives to a technical approach and resource/technology requirements, and manage projects to successful execution Social science background/experience an added plus
• Self-starter, pro-active, quick learner, high performing, agile, and adaptable
• Creative thinker, problem solver, detail-oriented
• Experience and/or interest in international development and willingness to travel to overseas locations including post-conflict environments
• Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to multi-task to accommodate high paced activity
• Excellent organization, analysis, and planning skills
• Ability to plan and execute assigned tasks with minimal direction
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate with government, contractor, and vendor team members
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.