Senior Manager for Health Financing
Metro DC Area
ICF is seeking a Senior Manager for Health Financing (SMHF) to support an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project. This project is headquartered in Washington D.C. and will support activities in over 20 low and middle income (LMIC) countries. The project focuses on supporting policy making by national governments in the health sector, including family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and maternal and child health. The Senior Technical Director will be responsible for overall project technical leadership and strategic direction related to health financing and improved policy and programming to address poor health outcomes.
- The Senior Manager for Health Financing will have responsibility for oversight of the design and implementation of health finance programming, modeling and translational/applied research for policy implementation and reform, and will work collaboratively with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team on the technical aspects of such work.
- S/he will work across all IRs to bring technical excellence to all aspects of finance, economics, econometrics, and modeling as related to health finance.
- A Doctoral level degree in finance, economics, public policy, public health, or other finance-related field, with a focus on health, and at least five (5) years of professional experience, OR a master’s level degree in finance, economics, public policy or other finance-related field, with a focus on health, and at least eight (8) years of professional experience, required.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience working in a LMIC country context on the design and implementation of health financing activities including programming, modeling, and or translational/applied research, required.
- Professional experience effectively collaborating with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector in developing countries, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English required.
- Experience living or working in a LMIC country context and fluency in a project-relevant language (including French/Spanish) greatly valued.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Experience mentoring staff in technical competencies related to health financing and economics.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a LMIC context.
- Demonstrated ability to convey sensitive and challenging topics effectively and with humility in local settings and environments.
- Excellent applied analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts and findings to lay audiences including policy makers, donor institutions, and project colleagues.
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)