The Senior Manager, Institutional Donor Marketing, expertly creates and manages content that connects with and captures the attention of international development decision-makers and influencers and promotes the brand and credibility of Corus International and its subsidiary organizations, including IMA World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, Farmers Market Coffee, and others. This position is responsible for demonstrating the organization’s capabilities and impact through brilliant writing and effective approaches to content presentation. As part of the institutional donor marketing (IDM) team within External Relations & Engagement, s/he also provides leadership in IDM strategy to position the organization(s) to win large, competitive institutional awards and ensure consistency of messaging and branding.
- Create content for institutional donor audiences, which include decision-makers and influencers at government, bilateral and multilateral aid agencies, foundations, corporations and other INGOs.
- Write copy for a range of media and channels, including technical publications, blogs, e-newsletters, social media posts, websites, video scripts and marketing emails.
- Develop systems for extracting the most compelling content by building and maintaining relationships with staff across the organization and traveling to project sites or industry events, as necessary.
- Collaborate with lead generation manager on content marketing by optimizing web content to promote conversions (identifying keywords for SEO and crafting messaging)
- Lead content and copy editing for all content reaching institutional audiences including proposals and reports. Hire and manage freelance editors as necessary.
- Assist in the development of marketing and communications strategies that support business development goals and position the organization as best-in-class in the international development sector.
- Enhance experts’ visibility by helping to pitch and place institutional-related press releases and promote scholarly articles.
- Set performance goals and continually monitor, analyze and report results to inform future strategy and drive increases, especially in digital channel KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in marketing/Communications or related experience
- Brilliant and versatile content creator adept at crafting marketing copy as well as writing about highly technical subject matter. Second round applicants will be asked to submit a writing sample and to edit a brief piece of
- Strong understanding of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how/when to combine them for maximum impact.
- Expert editing skills.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Keen sense of newsworthiness.
- Expert interviewing skills.
- Familiar with social media platforms ‘ especially LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook ‘ and how to target them toward an institutional donor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and familiarity with Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of web CMS to create landing pages.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Strong familiarity with the field of international development and humanitarian assistance and its institutional-donor marketplace, including USAID, FCDO (formerly DFID), multilateral donors (World Bank, Global Fund, European Union), and other USG agencies, and foundations.
- Experience writing for international development organizations preferred.
- Proven versatility of voice, tone and style in short-form and long-form writing (i.e., social media posts, email marketing copy, fact sheets, blogs, stories, case studies, donor reports, etc.)
- Travel (after COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted), as necessary, to and within countries experiencing political instability and/or presenting certain health risks, not to exceed 10%.
- French/Spanish language skills a plus.
- Experience in international development