Social Impact is seeking a Senior Learning and Capacity Building Specialist who will be responsible for leading all work under the learning and capacity building components of the USAID/Senegal MELS task order. The position would be full-time and based in Dakar for the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award. The anticipated award date is late September 2021.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Propose innovative MEL capacity building, CLA and knowledge management (KM) methods, applying state-of-the-art capacity building and organizational learning methods.
- Organize structured learning events for USAID and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in MEL.
- Develop and implement tools for conducting Capacity Assessments and take leadership in implementing Capacity Assessment Plans targeting USAID/Senegal staff and select using best practices.
- Facilitate learning agenda development and lead tasks to institutionalize cross-sectoral, cross-Mission collaboration, and internal and external learning activities and events.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and training in both large, formal settings and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring in informal settings.
- Demonstrated experience in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project design, and learning, including experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations.
- Familiarity with required USAID MEL policies and procedures, USAID CLA guidance and tools.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication and presentations skills.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.