PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is a consortium member of the USAID-funded and JSI-led MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity project leading monitoring, evaluation and learning. MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity supports routine immunization strengthening and COVID-19 vaccine introduction with a focus on rapidly testing new strategies and scaling up what works to overcome the most entrenched obstacles to equitable immunization coverage.
The learning advisor will support MOMENTUM country and regional programs to design and implement learning agendas related to COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization. Depending on country priorities, learning areas may include vaccine availability and supply chain, vaccine service delivery strategies, data management and use strategies related to COVID-19 vaccination, vaccine demand – including strategies to increase confidence and uptake – and human resources. The learning advisor will support M-RITE’s India country program which provides technical assistance in 18 states and to activities related to vaccine acceptance in selected countries of the Europe and Eurasia region, as well as to other countries or regions as assigned. In addition, the learning advisor will support and facilitate cross-country learning across M-RITE country programs in Africa and Asia to ensure that project staff are able to learn, reflect, and adapt regularly to meet the ongoing challenges of COVID-19 vaccine introduction and the maintenance of routine immunization services.
The candidate will be supervised by the project’s Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and will work in a matrixed environment across country teams and consortium partners.
Candidates should have a strong background in program evaluation and/or implementation research, with knowledge of USAID approaches to monitoring, evaluation, learning, adaptive learning, as well as topics such as continuous quality improvement. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in evaluation or learning agenda design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination, as well as strengthening capacity related to these approaches.
The learning advisor should have knowledge of immunization programs and new vaccine introductions, with a preference for content expertise in the causes of vaccine hesitancy and effective strategies to improve vaccine confidence. Experience working in India and/or Eastern Europe is highly desired.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and dissemination of learning agendas to strengthen COVID-19 vaccine roll-out and approaches to explore them in India and Eastern Europe
- Support the development or revision of methods and tools to guide in-country data collection, analysis, interpretation, and use, integrating qualitative and quantitative approaches in support of the learning agenda objectives where appropriate
- Provide technical assistance and coaching to country staff to implement methods, approaches, and tools
- Work with country teams and global-level project technical advisors to review data collected and synthesize and document critical insights
- Identify opportunities and strategies to support the uptake and use of learnings within the project and by external stakeholders
- Contribute to donor reporting, including learning sections in monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Link M-RITE activities and learnings to the overall global landscape
- Support overall management of evaluation and learning-related activities implemented in project countries
- Facilitate cross-country monthly learning meetings and dissemination of cross-country lessons learned through monthly donor reports