QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has a requirement to expand the breadth of USAID’s education priorities via services procured under Leading through Learning Global Platform (LTLGP). The LTLGP requirement is designed to support knowledge sharing, tool development and professional development iteratively as USAID’s education programs evolve, building knowledge and evidence. LTLGP will provide a way to cultivate learning networks in the areas of ensuring education programming is inclusive of marginalized populations; higher education; education systems strengthening (including public and private actors); and other relevant education areas. As USAID’s education priorities evolve and shift, the Contractor will continually adapt to new priorities and provide flexible, innovative solutions for building knowledge and developing skills, and sector-wide sharing of evidence-informed practices in the education sector.
For this 5-year expected program, candidates located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area are preferred.
Position is contingent upon award.
The Senior KM Specialist will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools they need to conduct better development work. Specifically, the Senior KM Specialist will lead and support learning events, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate ongoing content development and engagement.
- Play a leadership role – contribute to strategic decisions, manage client and partner relationships, and supervise staff
- Design and implement effective learning activities – in collaboration with other LTLGP team members, work with clients to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities
- Manage knowledge sharing events – in collaboration with USAID, scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events, including seminars, webinars, and online discussions
- Identify and curate technical content in collaboration with USAID and technical experts
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented
- Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various LTLGP learning activities including online/in-person engagement, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content
- Work collaboratively with peers to ensure alignment and cohesion
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration
- Get things done – ensure that quality work is delivered on time
- Seven years’ experience working in education and/or international development
- Five years’ experience in knowledge management; organizational learning; professional development; and/ or collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA)
- Demonstrated expertise in international education fields and cross-cutting issues defined in the USAID Education Policy (2018)
- Understanding of USAID policies and programs; Adaptive management; and strategic planning
- Demonstrated expertise engaging new partners, and managing, convening, and communicating with complex networks of partners
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
- Ability to receive facility access clearance (Security Clearance)
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, and/ or Arabic preferred
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.