Job title: Senior ITN Technical Advisor, VectorLink
Department: Malaria Department
Based in Washington DC/Remote
Up to 30% international travel. Reports to the Vector Control Operations Director, Prevention of Mosquito-Borne Diseases through VectorLink with a matrix reporting line to the Malaria Director, PSI.
Who we are
With almost 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PMI VectorLink Program
Working across 23 countries in sub-Saharan Africa as well as Cambodia, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative’s (PMI) VectorLink Project is equipping countries to plan and implement safe, cost-effective and sustainable life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Proven to reduce malaria illness, severe disease, and death due to malaria in endemic areas, insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) protect people while they are sleeping from the bite of mosquitoes. PMI VectorLink supports ministries of health to achieve and maintain universal coverage of ITNs, delivered through all available channels. In some of the most remote areas of the world, PMI VectorLink is building capacity for evidence-based policy and decision-making, social and behavior change communication (SBCC), and monitoring and evaluation to increase ITN access and use.
We are looking for a Senior ITN Technical Advisor to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for and monitor and evaluate critical ITN delivery programs as part of an integrated vector control package in multiple countries, and in partnership with PSI country offices. To date, PMI VectorLink has supported ITN activities in 12 countries. For more information: https://pmivectorlink.org/technical-areas/long-lasting-insecticide-treated-nets/
The objectives of the project are:
- Direct implementation of, and/or technical assistance for implementation of proven, life-saving vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases, using an integrated approach to vector control.
- Provide support for data-driven decision-making and guidance to inform strategic deployment of vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases
- Strengthen the capacity of host countries to design, implement and monitor proven, life-saving vector-control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases
- Where preliminary evidence of efficacy and feasibility exist, pilot the scale-up of novel vector control interventions, methods or approaches that are under WHO review, or modifications to existing, proven vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases in real-world programmatic settings.
You will support participating countries by:
- Working with the VectorLink Vector Control Operations Director and VectorLink teams to develop clear guidance and workplans for the project’s role in mass and continuous ITN distribution and establish performance benchmarks for the project for each country supported by the project.
- Leading the development of planning documents, tools, and materials to support the implementation of ITN distribution campaigns.
- Ensuring contribution and collaboration of all relevant partners to develop country-specific and project-wide tools and approaches on ITN interventions.
- Coordinating with relevant team members and implementing partners to support forecasting, distribution, and monitoring of ITN delivery overall and by country
- Helping develop, maintain, and follow the indicators set in the work plan for ITN-related activities
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Forging Partnerships: You are able to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
- Flexible Change Agent: You are a proactive leader who catalyzes innovation by both, leading and working through others.
- Curious: You are an information sponge and understand what worked yesterday may not necessarily work today (or tomorrow), that each context is different.
- Simplify: You quickly distil complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches.
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, MBA, MSc, ME, etc.);
- At least 10 years of experience working with public health programs in developing countries;
- Established reputation in the field of malaria programming; knowledge of the partnership landscape and familiarity with the international donor community;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the field of malaria;
- Proven experience designing or managing an ITN delivery program;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the global vector control technical and policy debate;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French an advantage.
- References will be required.
- PSI will consider work visa sponsorship for this position subject to legal eligibility requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.