Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Digital Solutions Division (ITDS) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
The Digital Solutions Division (ITDS) delivers and supports digital products in banking, finance, treasury and risk management operations, institutional and corporate services, data and customer portal services, and business process management. The division works with business stakeholders to ensure that digital solutions portfolio meets business needs. In support of delivery of these services, this division provides application governance including development and quality assurance. It also provides business process and data management services to drive information consistency and efficiency.
The Corporate Services Team of ITDS drives shaping of the future state of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It also supports ADB’s current ERP platform, which runs on Oracle E-Business Suite, supplemented by cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in areas of recruiting, talent management, procurement and travel. The team ensures that their business applications are fully operational, up-to-date, resilient and secure, and modern. The main clients are the Budget, People, and Management Systems Department (BPMSD) and Controllers (CTL).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior IT Specialist (ERP Modernization) position shapes post-modern ERP evolution and reshaping of business application services by providing overall leadership and strategic direction for ADB’s ERP system. This position will be responsible for fulfilling business and technical needs and priorities within the IT reforms, with focus on the modernization of the ERP System. The incumbent ascertains leadership and technical direction to relevant team and establish strong client relationship management with ADB business areas and external partners to achieve objectives. S/he will also introduce and maintain integration and API management practice to enable federated and loosely coupled ERP and business application environment. The position will (i) oversee release management, upgrades and implementation of new modules, and drives continuous improvement to business process and business results based on the enterprise capability of the ERP solution; coordinate maintenance and enhancement efforts to leverage enterprise resources, knowledge and best practices planning and implementation of financial, HR and administration applications, and integrations with other applications; and establish service delivery key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensures prescribed levels of service and support are delivered in consultation with client business unit.
The incumbent will report to Director, ITDS and will supervise National Staff and Administrative Staff.
Business Application and Integration/API practice Leadership
This position will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of ERP applications by:
- Providing leadership, vision and direction to the ERP Modernization to ensure it will contribute to the organization in achieving its goals through supporting and modernizing ERP platform as well as application integration/API management practice.
- Developing productive relationships with business user community to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Defining and enhancing methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Managing ERP Modernization team, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Implementing and managing application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Ensuring that risk assessment and risk management are in place.
- Managing relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Preparing work plans and related documents, and be responsible for the attainment of cost-effective investment in the application portfolio
- Monitoring stakeholder satisfaction with applications, publish the findings and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
ERP Application Governance Strategy and Delivery
The position’s primary responsibility is to ensure the ERP applications cost-effectively meet the needs of the business as a whole and necessary integration points are managed and supported by:
- Overseeing the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Developing strategic and long-range plans in information systems for finance and administration, including human resources management systems in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders and the application governance mechanisms to define a prioritized set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
- Working with stakeholders to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Putting in place integration practices and platforms to ensure necessary application integration points are managed
- Overseeing the application organization’s successful delivery of these business outcomes in partnership with business colleagues.
- Managing relations with project managers, system architects, developers, operational support staff, solutions delivery staff and IT management; Coordinate multiple projects with the respective project managers, ensuring (a) tasks management and deliverables, (b) management of resources, (c) quality management and assurance processes, (d) risk management, and (e) change management processes.
- Working closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- Ensuring that appropriate capacity planning is undertaken to face the increasing number of users and the implementation of new functions and applications
- Ensuring overall coherence and integration of initiatives and their operations, taking into account timeframe, synergy, and interdependency to ensure objectives are met, procedures and operation guidelines are followed, and that projects and services are implemented and accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that all software issues and problems are solved in a timely and efficient manner including participating in business continuity and disaster recovery operations.
- Working with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure that the organization’s applications are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated.
- Prepare realistic project cost budgets, timeframe estimates, and milestones in conjunction with detailed project plans, monitor project performance, progress and risk status.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or Public Administration or related fields. University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with track record in management of large Systems Development and Maintenance functions as well as of change management principles and techniques
- At least three years of leadership responsibility in managing large ERP teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- ERP maintenance and support experience, and detailed/comprehensive understanding of the ERP solution or similar enterprise application
- Experiences in implementing/supporting integration platform
- Business application life cycle experience
- Experience in working with external suppliers and of outsourcing
- International experience working in several countries
- Experience in Oracle ERP is an asset
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
- System development life cycle and budget planning and management skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, along with problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, as well as effectiveness in matrix management and team building
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Level 5
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.