Project status: Tender
The 5th phase of the Sustainable Land Management Programme project“Sustainable Land Management Programme V (SLM V): Integrated Catchment Restoration of Lake Chamo Basin”, financed by the German Financial Cooperation and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Ethiopia, intends to reduce land degradation of the Lake Chamo Basin through sustainable land management and restoration measures in the basin area, thereby increasing livelihood- and food security of small farm households. The project area comprises 10 identified Woredas/special Woredas covering the entire catchment of Lake Chamo (Chamo Basin). It consists of four components:
- Green Infrastructure and Resilient Livelihoods
- Strengthening and Investing in Cooperatives and Information for Resilience
- Rural Land Administration and Use
- Project Management and Reporting
The main objectives of the project are reducing land degradation on selected agricultural land and increase the agricultural productivity of small holder farms, with the aim of improving the livelihoods, food security and economic wellbeing of rural households in the project intervention area. The project follows a watershed management approach and builds on pariticpatory land use planning. Measures include restoring degraded land, promoting sustainable agricultural practices, supporting sustainable land management, and increasing the resilience of rural households to climate change.
The advisor will work intermittent over the whole project duration to support the CTA in setting-up effective project management procedures. The task of the advisor is to advise and set standards for effective project implementation in line with standard SLMP procedures. The advisor will lead the national specialists and experts of the Implementation Consultant’s team and guide their work in a harmonized manner and following agreed upon standards. The international advisors will support the trainings at Woreda level to achieve efficient annual and multi-annual planning activities and budgeting.
Guidance of national specialists includes:
- approval of watershed development plans, especially in regards to the planning of physical measures requiring a higher engineering input;
- elaboration and final approval of technical designs and ensuring that technical quality standards are met
- preparation of tender documents, tender procedures, contract award and management for all physical investment measures to be implemented by private enterprises;
- reporting on technical matters; especially, physical achievements reports
- implementation of training plans (in close coordination and cooperation with on-going GIZ activities in the field of technical capacity building and training)
- Education/training: M.Sc. degree in agricultural engineering, soil and water conservation or national resources and watershed development or comparable
- Language: C1 proficiency level in English, knowledge of Amharic is an advantage
- Regional experience: Work experience in land resource management projects in countries with similar socio-economic conditions like Ethiopia, especially in the east African region would be an asset
- General professional experience: 8 years of professional experience in the land management sector with focus on soil and water conservation
- Specific professional experience: Proven track record for work related to soil and water conservation, land use planning, adult training methodology and outreach, forest landscape management; Strong and proven track record of working in similar projects/programmes of natural resource management and/or integrated watershed development and management; Strong understanding of planning and implementation of rural infrastructure; Experience with participatory approaches for project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; Experience in working with projects/programmes financed by international donor organizations, e.g. KfW, GIZ, World Bank (or others)
To express your interest: Send your curriculum vitae to the attention of Ms Lisa Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Project ID reference number in the subject line. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Ms Lisa Ernst. We are looking forward to receiving your application and we thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference
Lisa Ernst email@example.com